Yamaha 9.9 Mechanic needed

Fishtank

My kicker has been giving me some serious headaches all season. It was hard to start at the beginning of the season,more so than usual. After running on the first couple trips it would not stay running. Cleaned the carb out and it ran fine for 2 trips, then died and would not restart. Clean the carb again,started after a while then ran for a hour then died. Cleaned the carb again and now it won't start at all. At some points after the first installment cleanings it would Rev up by itself and then die. Had it serviced at the beginning of the year with new plugs oil,filter. It also is plumbed through a racor filter along with the main. Motor is a 2010 yamaha pull start.

I really struggled to get my Yamaha T8 going this year.

New oil in march then it sat another couple months. Usually I need to drain the carb and pump fresh gas in if it struggles to start but that didn't work this time.

Tore the carb down three separate times and installed new plugs. I think my float was stuck and I think it's easy to pinch the float when your putting the carb back together. Because for no rhyme or reason after the third tear down and re installation of the carb the kicker now starts first pull and runs great.

Back