What's for dinner tonight ?

Want to try out a couple of really good seafood eateries on VI while I'm at QB. Don't mind a drive. Was thinking the Clam Bucket in PA first. Worth the drive? Any other places I should try?

Man my mouth is watering just looking at it. Good thing I can t smell it, must have been good.
Thanks.
It was very good, I tried a new mop sauce recipe that was applied during the smoking and a new finishing sauce recipe that I drizzled over the slices.
Lotta work to make but worth it.

Nice bark :cool:. Looks great. I'm still experimenting with the other meats and my new smoker. I only did fish all these years with the other smokers I have had. Thanks for the post.

Tonight you ask?? Chinook fillet on the BBQ. Basted with my own creation of 4 TBS of oyster sauce, one TBS of tempura dipping sauce, one tspn of sesame oil, and 1 TBS of brown sugar. ( I used Splenda brown as I try to keep my sugars down ) Blast it with 500 degrees of heat skin side down. Takes no time at all.

Last edited:
Did not get out fishing today....$3.50 A&W Teen Burger and a fries for me.

Last night: Corn fish chowder and fresh bisquits
Saute an onion and a clove of garlic in Olive oil and a bit of butter
Add 2-3 cobs worth of raw corn kernels, cook some more
throw in some fresh tomatoes, chili flakes, salt and pepper, cook down
add a liter of chicken (or fish) stock.
Hit it with the hand blender till smooth
add a bit of water, milk or cream to 2 tablespoons of flour and stir with a fork till smooth, then add to soup, stir
in and let the flour thicken the soup
add some cubed rockfish, ling or hali
when fish is close to done, add a can of clams with the juice.
Dollop of butter on top
Tonight: Beer can duck on bbq.

Last night: Corn fish chowder and fresh bisquits
Saute an onion and a clove of garlic in Olive oil and a bit of butter
Add 2-3 cobs worth of raw corn kernels, cook some more
throw in some fresh tomatoes, chili flakes, salt and pepper, cook down
add a liter of chicken (or fish) stock.
Hit it with the hand blender till smooth
add a bit of water, milk or cream to 2 tablespoons of flour and stir with a fork till smooth, then add to soup, stir
in and let the flour thicken the soup
add some cubed rockfish, ling or hali
when fish is close to done, add a can of clams with the juice.
Dollop of butter on top
Tonight: Beer can duck on bbq.
Reminds me of "uncle B's fishpot"

Asian veggie stir fry with Taiwanese steamed fresh manilas and littlenecks. With the prep time for both dishes, and cooking time, it was about an hr. But since I did the cooking, wifie had to do the clean-up :p

Back