Bananas on fishing boats

Sir Reel

Was watching an episode of Deadliest Catch the other night and was very surprised to see bananas on the Cornelia Marie.
Especially considering how superstitious crabbers seem to be.
image.jpeg

I've purposely taken bananas on our boat to 'test the theory'. Didn't work, we caught fish! Lol

Yup do it quite often,, just cause,, well I like bananas with my lunch.

I don't believe in luck, I beleive in timing, effort and ability, luck is for people looking for excuses lol.

My buddy brought bananas on my boat and the same day we ended up with a plugged fuel filter and lost a canon ball... Superstition maybe but there is no more bananas allowed on my boat.

Yup do it quite often,, just cause,, well I like bananas with my lunch.

I don't believe in luck, I beleive in timing, effort and ability, luck is for people looking for excuses lol.

I totally agree. I don't believe in that kind of Voodoo either. However, I hid a banana on a guy from work' boat last year on a week long fishing trip and he was the only guy that got skunked that day when the rest of us had easy limits for salmon and hali. He also had motor problems and needed a tow in. I still don't believe in that kind of voodoo but I won't be messing around with it in the future either!

We have a derby every year for work. This year the hiding the banana on the other guys boat was taken to a new level. The bar was raised to say the least. The devious angler went as far as getting the local ice shop to freeze a banana in the middle of a block of ice. Save the block of ice and sell it to the victim when he came to buy his ice. All derby long the kibitzing between boats was entertaining but no one could figure out the meaning of the comment "how's your ice"? Around the prize table the cat was let out of the bag. Everyone had a great laugh. By the way the victim of the banana had his best year ever as far as fishing was concerned. The prankster had a dismal showing. I guess it is more important to get up in the morning if you really want to catch fish. Maybe the banana needs to be in contact with the air? I am not totally superstitious, just a little, but I still won't be bringing any bananas on my boat just in case.

Back