2016 Campbell River Reports

Fished and prawned today. Francisco pt. 1 small spring and few prawns. Water was flat calm today. There were several boats out and lots of prawn traps. Feeling lucky!

out for a try today, caught one undersize. The wind, tide and wave height made it too crappy to get a good troll in so we headed for the barn. 200 feet with anchovies

Any reports? Sick in bed with flu and looking out at the ocean at all the boats and going insane.

Spent the afternoon/evening all over the place for no fish this evening. Shelter, Hump, Lighthouse Drift, Red to Green cans and finished off on the shoals. Fished everything from 50 - 225 feet in all sorts of different depths. Didn't see anybody else get any action.
Anybody else having any luck lately. Been pretty quiet.

Fished up north today for the tide change, flood, tide change and a touch of the ebb at Deepwater. Only one small shaker spring. Only saw one other boat up there. Didn't appear to be doing any better than I was. Beautiful day out though.

Thanks for the report Rednex. Will be spending the long weekend up that way, crabbing, looking for some lings, and trying for a salmon. Wind forcasts are looking good.

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_4093.JPG Out at the can on the East side of Quadra (sat 10 am)-lots of boats -saw a few fish taken-My daughter and I couldn't manage anything but shakers. Moved to Grants reef and got 3 nice fish on a Lighthouse lures GLO cop car. !40 ft near the buoy.FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_4093.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_4093.JPG

Well that's an impressive array of photo's -how that happened I have no idea-anyway there were 3 fish caught and only 2 of them are depicted here --multiple times. Sorry!

Well, you just made my mind up for tomorrow! Been pretty lean for me around these parts lately. Might as well try something new, never fished over there. Hope I can get my girls into a couple fish. Fits in perfect with a trip around Mittlenatch to see the birds and wildlife.

Redness watch the prevailing winds on the way home. They always pick up in the afternoon and can make a nice little day trip a nightmare

Thanks. Winds look to be minimal today. I've had the nightmare experience coming back from Twin a few times in the past.

Back