New Boat is ready to go…. Winter Harbour is booked!

redman210

Just finished rigging up the brand new boat…… and have booked a cabin at Winter Harbour for Jun 5-15… anyone know how the fishing will be up there at that time? Looks like some incredible Hali and Ling Cod action can be had….. hopefully our timing will be right. Advice?

Normally you will be a little early at that time. Really starts to kick in about first week of July. It tends to be waves of fish moving past on their way to southern hatcheries. Each wave of fish gets a little bigger through the months of June July and August with the peak probably about last week of July. I have only been there 4 years, so others may have more knowledge on run peak.

I've got a buddy coming out from Cowtown..
planning on going up week of the 5th..not sure exactly what days but weather will dictate that.
Look for good bottom fishing and hopefully some springs around by that time.
Earliest I've been up in June was 3rd week and we hit springs,coho,lings,Hali,yellow eye..

Cheers maybe see ya out there

We will be up and running as well at that time, stop in and have a coffee:) More info running around the harbour at that time of the year the better, as the runs pass through quickly. See you in June.

Fishyboy

We will be up and running as well at that time, stop in and have a coffee:) More info running around the harbour at that time of the year the better, as the runs pass through quickly. See you in June.

Fishyboy
Sounds good! We will be snooping around for sure… hoping to make this an annual deal….. hopefully I have enough boat!

I've got a buddy coming out from Cowtown..
planning on going up week of the 5th..not sure exactly what days but weather will dictate that.
Look for good bottom fishing and hopefully some springs around by that time.
Earliest I've been up in June was 3rd week and we hit springs,coho,lings,Hali,yellow eye..

Cheers maybe see ya out there
We are coming from Cowtown also…. !

I have fished WH as early as Apr 15th- can be a little hit or miss for springs-great for bottom fish. Springs are usually on the hiway(not always) though. Your main problem will be weather. If your timing is right it can be very rewarding. I am in Van this weekend and home to the island Monday-boat needs a quick shakedown run and then if the crew is still in good shape after the winter we'll be looking to go!!

@ronj I know it's notably further south than you but we have had some fantastic late May fishing off Tofino! Those are fish that at some point would have likely come down past Winter Harbour. ;)

Hi All! It actually the bottom fish we will be seeking the most……. of course trolling around for some salmon will happen… if we don't see any the only disappointment will be the lack of fresh salmon bellies for the hali….. White meat is the bounty on this trip…. that and breaking in a brand new Yammy 200 of course!
Anyone have an idea where to find the GPS spots for the rock piles?
Would love some Lingers!

Back