Vaccu packer recomendations

Samnjoe

Looking for a recommendation on a decent quality vacuum-sealer machine for packaging frozen fish.
Something better than "food-saver".
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a vac master 215 for 2 years now-can't say enough good about it. We use it for so much more than fish now. My wife said yesterday she was glad WE got it!! Now that is an endorsement!!!!!

http://www.foodsaver.ca/en_CA/vacuum-sealers/foodsaver-gamesaver-silver/FSGSSL0300-033.html#start=2
This is the one that I have, for the price It's been excellent, I got mine from Costco.ca I think I paid $149 for it. I tried several other food savers before this one and none of them did very well. This one is designed more for fish/meats and for repetitive sealing overall it feels much heavier duty then the other sealers I tried...I've done between 200-250 seals with it now and I don't think I've lost a single seal due to the seal. I order my bags online, and I double seal them all. I also par freeze anything with liquid before I seal it so no liquid ever gets sucked into the sealing area.

Ive had a cheap seal-a-meal for the last 5 years from crappy tire on sale for $40 lol. Still going strong

I use a Weston 2300. Works good. Never had a problem with it. Bought it after being frustrated over and over with my food saver. Think I got in on sale at wholesale.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

When I fish solo, I use a 6 year old foodsaver. When I go with my buddy, we drive home to his place with our iced fish. I cut and he seals with his Weston 2300. I must say we are getting a few more failed seal with the Weston, but both are okay.

Question: can a Vacmaster 215 do 16 springs, a few cohos and lings and maybe 2 chicken halibut in 2 person servings in less than 2 hours?

If you're an occasional user, the Foodsaver is fine for the money. I go on a charter somewhere west coast every summer and we process a lot of fish, but that's it for the year. Solution is have a second Foodsaver so they can be switched out and allowed to cool. Our group of 4 typically processes 400-500 lb of fish in 3 sessions and these 'domestic grade' units seem to handle it. Used a Cabela sealer this year, was neither better nor worse than the cheapies.

is the foodsaver as good as a chamber sealer......of course not. BUT the absolute beauty of the costco foodsavers is they will take them back no questions asked and you pick up a new one. I have gone through 3 now and the latest one is quite different from the other two and is better. If costco stops this policy (like they did with electronics) I will undoubtably buy a better machine but until then I will run them until they die!

GnB

Back