pop ups

Any body else having problems with pop ups on this forum? noticed that recently, just wondering if it's just me maybe picked up something on the laptop. I use a Mac and don't bother with antivirus (maybe I should?):confused:

Use Chrome and get the add on 'ad block plus', works great on my Macbook Pro. In my opinion Chrome is far superior to Safari.

I'm not very computer savvy, too old I guess gonna have to go in to the apple store for a tune up I think. I tried to install 'chrome' but think I ended up with something else.Now I've got Ask.com as my browser and can't get rid of it, got lots of words in red that are underlined going on too, think it's some kind of ad ware that got stuck on someplace. most of the ads that pop up are put out by crush arcade whatever that is. It's raining today so doing some smoking/curing so maybe get to the geeks and fish tomorrow

This forum doesn't have pop ups unless you click a link within a thread, which will open a new window.

Sounds like something else is causing your trouble.

I'm not very computer savvy, too old I guess gonna have to go in to the apple store for a tune up I think. I tried to install 'chrome' but think I ended up with something else.Now I've got Ask.com as my browser and can't get rid of it, got lots of words in red that are underlined going on too, think it's some kind of ad ware that got stuck on someplace. most of the ads that pop up are put out by crush arcade whatever that is. It's raining today so doing some smoking/curing so maybe get to the geeks and fish tomorrow

this solved my problems a few years back and have not had a problem since....doesn't matter if you are on Firefox, Chrome or Explorer
https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=malwarebytes+anti-malware+free
you can use it free or pay $20 per year or so to get live protection

OR....you could get yourself a regular PC and get all the virus, malware protection you need for free....

Freaking Apple. "Oh, it's so easy to use. It's the greatest computer out there. Wait, how do I close this window.....WAIT, why are there so many applications running? What do you mean I cant just "X" out of a program!?!?! OK, what just happened???? Honey, I need to go to the Genius Bar. COOL!!!! New iPads/iPhones!!!"

They're the greatest advertiser in the world. Get you coming back to their store over and over again by making their computers so "user friendly". :)

OR....you could get yourself a regular PC and get all the virus, malware protection you need for free....

Freaking Apple. "Oh, it's so easy to use. It's the greatest computer out there. Wait, how do I close this window.....WAIT, why are there so many applications running? What do you mean I cant just "X" out of a program!?!?! OK, what just happened???? Honey, I need to go to the Genius Bar. COOL!!!! New iPads/iPhones!!!"

They're the greatest advertiser in the world. Get you coming back to their store over and over again by making their computers so "user friendly". :)

Clearly written by someone who doesn't use a Mac. :) There's certainly good virus protection software for a Mac also but (due to the smaller size market) there's a ton more people writing viruses for a PC. I have Macs, PC's and several different Unix computers in my lab so I have experience with many different operating systems and maintain many different computers. I'd far rather have a Mac for my own personal use & I'd especially recommend a Mac for those who are not too computer savvy.

Back