seasick

WOW!! Thanks guys.. will take me 10 trips to just try everything once.. seems different drugs for different people… anyone experienced with the electric bracelets?

I have taken a lot of people out in west coast waters over the years.
I have seen people puke on dramamine, meclazine, bonamine, and even when wearing those attractive wrist bands.
I have found the gravol ginger useless and note it has no medical active ingredient.
The only thing that works for sure is the Transderm V patch (scopalamine).
Make sure it goes on the night before.
I do not recommend cutting it in half as the med will leak out at the cut line and it is not good to get that in your eyes.
Have had people try that and it they still got seasick.

First started using the patches in the late 80's. Side effects made me feel like it was the late 60's - dry mouth & dizzy. I only use them 1-2 times a year, & after a couple times the side-effects went away. For me, all the other methods are either worthless or worse than being seasick.

First started using the patches in the late 80's. Side effects made me feel like it was the late 60's - dry mouth & dizzy. I only use them 1-2 times a year, & after a couple times the side-effects went away. For me, all the other methods are either worthless or worse than being seasick.

They definitely have side effects but the vast majority only get the dry mouth which does go away after the first day if you stay hydrated.
On the odd Tuna trip I will wear a patch and I personally don't have any side effects.
Side effects I have seen in others on my boat.
- Slightly blurred vision to the point the person will notice it when reading
- Crazy dreams
- Hallucinations when waking in the night
- Dilation of one pupil only on the patch side
These have occurred only very rarely and most people who would get sick having a bath can fish all day out in the swell with no problem at all.

WOW!! Thanks guys.. will take me 10 trips to just try everything once.. seems different drugs for different people… anyone experienced with the electric bracelets?

You've got lots of options....try/find what works for you as you can see a variety of remedies work differently from one person to the next. ;)

Pippen

Those 10 days are very short trips, longest is 55 days without land. We were hunting not fishing, although there are good CO's who allow a few Mahi Mahi or tuna over the rail, never leave the jetty without gear on board. Its all fun if your not seasick, takes on a whole new game when seas exceed about 30ft.

HM

Pippen

Those 10 days are very short trips, longest is 55 days without land. We were hunting not fishing, although there are good CO's who allow a few Mahi Mahi or tuna over the rail, never leave the jetty without gear on board. Its all fun if your not seasick, takes on a whole new game when seas exceed about 30ft.

HM

No kidding!! That would be a tough haul being out that long.

My wife and a friend both get seasick really easy. Wife picks up bonamine when she's in the states. They take one the night before and another in the morning. It's non-drowsy and works great for both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is one that really get sick on WCVI and she's tried everything that people recommended. Once introduced to Scopolamine patch, she has never gotten seasick again. She installs the patch the night before and it lasts for around three days for her. Now my daughter also used it. Me, I just use a half patch if I think I need it. This stuff really works with no side effects.

Spicey ginger chews from a candy store work very well when the stomach heave feeling starts to come on. May not prevent seasickness for some but can provide some relief when it does come on. Not my idea of a tasty treat but a lot better than that tinny bile taste.

Back