2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Most of outer Bajo is outside 1 mile from the surf line the way I plot it. Just check your charts.
Plotted it again-looks ok to me-where is the surf line plotted in that area-having a hard time finding it-somebody else chime in here-used to be in the regs-but missing now. Anyone??

Nootka Fishing Report--- SH-t how does a nice guy like me get a 30k Yammaha 300 with 20 hrs on it to go 10 miles and stop!! At least my Yamaha kicker got me back. Ask me how P-ssed I am??? Looks like a fast trip to Alberni!!

Oh Jesus Mike sorry to hear that, mine has been running top notch awesome.
Hope it works out quickly and easily for you

Nootka Fishing Report--- SH-t how does a nice guy like me get a 30k Yammaha 300 with 20 hrs on it to go 10 miles and stop!! At least my Yamaha kicker got me back. Ask me how P-ssed I am??? Looks like a fast trip to Alberni!!

Well I remember a few yeas ago about a guide, that was working out of Moutcha Bay Resort, came in complaining that he had to come back from ferrier point on one engine and that he wasn't too happy about it, it turned out to be a minor electrical part, just a few bucks in parts, but that's the way things go now days. In the "old days" you got into it and fixed it, now days with all this electronic crap, that most of us don't know about or understand, all it takes is a $2.00 part to shut you down and you have no clue as to what it is or how to fix it. At least with an oar, most of us know how to use it.

The Spring Fever II gong show is on the road first light tomorrow thanks to some fast work and a 20 hour check from Port Boathouse. Thanks guys-looks like stellar weather thurs. See if I can turn this summer around!! LOL Will report fri night

The Spring Fever II gong show is on the road first light tomorrow thanks to some fast work and a 20 hour check from Port Boathouse. Thanks guys-looks like stellar weather thurs. See if I can turn this summer around!! LOL Will report fri night

Ya I saw the Spring Fever II pull into the Shell gas station and I figured you were geared up and ready to go

What was the problem on the motor?

Ya I saw the Spring Fever II pull into the Shell gas station and I figured you were geared up and ready to go

What was the problem on the motor?
I had a lot of electrical work done about 3 weeks ago-they put in a lot of bus bars-then an interruption of a day or so for parts-then another guy buttoned it up. Turns out the neg bus bar was only finger tight-two very rough trips slacked off the ground and there you go-no motor. Port boathouse found it and serviced it today-place that did the electrical work is reimbursing me for what port charged-so in the end-what can you say?? Before anyone chimes in-this isn't as easy as it sounds-4 batteries involved here and an ACR. Sometimes I wish for the old positive negative terminals on a battery. Think I've got this figured now.

I'm headed up to cougar creek next Friday black thunder jet, tried 2 years ago but winds wouldn't let me out off shore so hopefully we will get a chance this time. Cant wait to come up and get out of town for a week

I had a lot of electrical work done about 3 weeks ago-they put in a lot of bus bars-then an interruption of a day or so for parts-then another guy buttoned it up. Turns out the neg bus bar was only finger tight-two very rough trips slacked off the ground and there you go-no motor. Port boathouse found it and serviced it today-place that did the electrical work is reimbursing me for what port charged-so in the end-what can you say?? Before anyone chimes in-this isn't as easy as it sounds-4 batteries involved here and an ACR. Sometimes I wish for the old positive negative terminals on a battery. Think I've got this figured now.

Glad it was a simple fix and your back in the fight! I`m headed up Sunday hope the winds stay down.

Hey spring Fever I'll be up there Thursday to Sunday this week. You listen on ch 6 right?
I listen-I don't often talk unless somebody wants me-going to start at Coopte tomorrow soon as I get there. Outside looks good Thurs morning-from what I'm thinking the lower part of the sound is good-maybe Burdwood-depends on the traffic I guess. Good luck!

I listen-I don't often talk unless somebody wants me-going to start at Coopte tomorrow soon as I get there. Outside looks good Thurs morning-from what I'm thinking the lower part of the sound is good-maybe Burdwood-depends on the traffic I guess. Good luck!
Coopte? a cooped up little hole on the outside? Mike

I'm heading up Thursday, I hope to be fishing by about 10 am. I may head directly offshore for Hali. Would love to meet you in person. Will give you a shout.

Coopte? a cooped up little hole on the outside? Mike
Naw-you have to look hard for the name but it's at the mouth of the Tahsis inlet across from Strange and Canal island-fished there for 20 years and didn't know it had a name until Fish on John started talking about it

Same thing happened with my new Mercury Fourstroke 150 last summer...had to replace the whole power head, 6 weeks I was out of commission!

Coopte, its where Chief Maquinna took his tribe in the winters back in the 1800's. Several thousand FN from the Nootka Region would winter there and move back to Friendly Cove in the Spring...Very historical point in Nootka...

Hey guys, Im heading up to GR on the 31st and having never been fishing there, was wondering if I could get some tips on where to fish for hali and salmon. Off shore isn't a problem if that's where they are, that's where Im headed...I heard you can get all your fish on the inside. Is that true? Any different regs that I have to be aware of. Will be trailering boat to Tuta campground. Any good advise will be repaid by beers

Hey guys, Im heading up to GR on the 31st and having never been fishing there, was wondering if I could get some tips on where to fish for hali and salmon. Off shore isn't a problem if that's where they are, that's where Im headed...I heard you can get all your fish on the inside. Is that true? Any different regs that I have to be aware of. Will be trailering boat to Tuta campground. Any good advise will be repaid by beers

Also Heading up there for my first time soon. Will be launching in Gold River and Heading Out. Prob dock up at critter cove. Just wondering if anyone would care to share some fishing spots. If not I get it haha.
Thanks

Also Heading up there for my first time soon. Will be launching in Gold River and Heading Out. Prob dock up at critter cove. Just wondering if anyone would care to share some fishing spots. If not I get it haha.
Thanks

You camping at the same place trevor_shiggs. maybe we can hook up and compare spots/gear and shoot the breeze over a beer

There is a great read someone wrote on the site many years ago that says most of the inside spots . Some areas are closed now so you have to check the regs of course but if you type detailed nootka into the search here you will find it . Names all the known inside spots like hoiss , camel rock , beano etc ..Last year was my first year to nootka as well we stayed for a week and in that week I learned a lot about the area I'll def be going to nootka for a summer trip for many years to go this year we are there for two weeks good luck we are renting house in tahsis so will be launching out of westview .

Back