2015 Tuna Adventures

I am with Guy and John, this is held for 8 days for a reason, weather! All we need is one shot at them.

See you guys tomorrow night.

Leave some inshore action for us boys...I don't roll in until late Tuesday night...Harper and I are ready for the shot when it comes....

Awesome report Nick...looks like a blast!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be fishable by Tuesday. I'll be out off Clayoquot Canyon then

Not a chance. Everyone has booked time off, accommodation etc. That's why it's an 8 day derby. If it's too rough everyone can just fish inside and wait it out.

I am watching the weather forecast for the BTS and do not look promising, I am just wondering would not be better to postpone the shoutout? Water like over 2 meter with short period and wind there is no such of 30 foot boat could get out and fish safely. Ofcourse there always going to be boats that take high risks , and forget all the safety.
Also I am just wondering If the coastguard will close fishing every day than what ?
I am intersted other members inputs, is anybody else is concern about this?

Cheers, Istvan

Awesome report FB!!!!! :cool:

Question.....why 59 as the limit each day? That number is not divisible by anything other than 59 and I don't think you had that many anglers on board for a 1 per day limit? :p

Were you with user SamnJoe who was also down that way?

I just got back from my Ukee trip the other day. Check the 2015 saltwater reports. Tuna was a blast. Will be back next year armed with more rods/equipment!!

See you guys tomorrow night at the Beam!

Cheers,
Sculpin

On my way to Bam now with a 70 lb'er of the white meat in my kill bag, you'll have to be at the beam tomorrow night to find out which flavour!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my way to Bam now with a 70 lb'er of the white meat in my kill bag, you'll have to be at the beam tomorrow night to find out which flavour!

Can the rest of us know who cant' be at the beam????? :p

Having only been out once these tuna threads are killing me. :eek:

Hmmm......dorado is white but 70 is awfully big. One of the numerous billfish are whitish....and 70 would make sense. Do yellowtail get that big....hmmmm?

I am guessing Bluefin?

Harper....as I sit here in pajama bottoms (and a shirt...haha) in my home office working on a proposal since 6am.....I could use some excitement!!! ;) Feel free to just PM me......just click on my name to the left and send a message.....I'll be quiet. ;)

Pip, the boat held 50 per day but we got the "bonus box" ie the back deck. We boated approx 10 more once the holds were full, it was sheer coincidence or the fact that Mark is one damn consistent captain that we ended each day with 59 fish.

6 anglers in our group. The Capt put down for a few with Iron after we landed one on a popper (most unreal hook-up of the day!!) during a big bite with foaming tuna everywhere...was not with SamnJoe...

...pretty sure bluefins are red meat.
heard some crazy stories on the trip of shrimpers hauling up swords and and stripers...

Not a chance. Everyone has booked time off, accommodation etc. That's why it's an 8 day derby. If it's too rough everyone can just fish inside and wait it out.
Thanks all your feedback, looks like I was not clear about the postponing . I just wanted more fishable day for tuna.
That was all.

You better be saving a chunck of that for me there buddy!
sounds like all signs point to "Game On" as far as the leg goes?!?!?

Maybe a Halibut?

I just wanted to point out for the masses a few words about the Bamfield Tuna Shootout.
This is a huge undertaking for a few of the guys that put BTS on...especially Kelly.
The on going support is needed to continue this great new adventurous fishery and it needs to be supported
Kelly and a few others really go to the limits to try the best they can under limited resources to put on exciting shootout.
Sometimes even if we all can't make it...
I think that i just wanted to express gratitude to the hard work it takes to put on such an event....
Sometimes I feel guys just don't get it...

So very true Chad, it is a massive undertaking that the BC Tough boys put together.
I can't believe how much the face of this fishery has changed since they started the BTS.
A big hats off to them and especially Kelly as you said. Pretty gutsy move really...
it is now my favourite time of year.

How late does Tuna season go? Still possible to get out in 1st week October?

Yes what's his name (Mark?) out of Westport runs into October and a few have even been taken in November.

Look near the end of the 2014 tuna adventures thread :cool:

I'll be looking at doing the same thing this year :)

Octuna!!!

Back