Port Renfrew Reports 2015

Where should I go????
Port Renfrew or Sooke?
Looking for some nice size Chinook, I would love to see my youngest son catch one.

Anything happening Kelly? Sons coming for a few days of fishing hoping to get into coho. Water looked great today but don't have boat in water.

3 mph would be a start...turns,sudden speed changes and tide lines...generally,renny spring trolling is 2.5 +

Got out Friday, Saturday with some success. We boated three nice coho 5-8 lbs and 4 springs 12-14 lbs. Nothing big. Lots of rain and choppy water outside. East point is still producing. Was quite surprised to get the springs. Did the river blow out Sunday? It was raining soooooo hard. Was glad to get boat out. Great season of catching for us. See all next year!

The Gordon came up and was moving pretty good but the rain was torrential. Decided not to fish.

Went out on Monday....out of the river at 8:30 AM...ran out to the 600 ft. level, trolled back towards East Point to the 250 ft. mark.'...nothing! Tried East :point to the Bell Buoy ( missing the crab traps) ...nothing...went up to Cullite, out to 250 ft. and trolled South...finished wi0th two small coho, one wild, one hatchery both on white CJ special spoon...not much there guys!

Went out on Monday....out of the river at 8:30 AM...ran out to the 600 ft. level, trolled back towards East Point to the 250 ft. mark.'...nothing! Tried East :point to the Bell Buoy ( missing the crab traps) ...nothing...went up to Cullite, out to 250 ft. and trolled South...finished wi0th two small coho, one wild, one hatchery both on white CJ special spoon...not much there guys!

We had our luck on Friday at 150 to 180 feet. Let lines down to 100 to 120 ft. 3 springs, two coho. Just west of Can Buoy. Lots of bait showing up. SATURDAY, fished Woods Nose for an hour or so, 14lb spring, 8lb coho. Lots of fish marking. Fish are there. Next year for me...

Could one drive near and launch a kayak at woods nose beach? I see a bit of development there on google maps. Weather looks great for a fishing paddle to east point and botanical beach.

Agree with Lastchance, that development is private and Mill Bay trail can be a mess. Maybe by Hotel? Kelly, most boats out of Gateway now? What is fishing like?

I think we'll take off from the gov't wharf/hotel area its closest and will cut lots of time off the paddle, since its a day trip this time. Thanks for the info.

Coho seem depressingly absent at Renfrew. Didnt make much effort though, tried off east point to woods nose. Checked another boat and they indicated nada. River mouth fishing wasn't really happening either.

Back