2015 Campbell River Reports

Got 5 at the can on Sunday morning. 17-23 lbs. 250 ft of water and 180-240 on the riggers. All on the Irish Cream UV and Glow 6 & 7" plugs.

Dave

Nice to see some fish news - I'm headed up for a week this Saturday staying on Cortes. Thanks for the details, Eric

Finally got my first Tyee today 31 lbs. Secret plug Lol 225 ft on the rigger 250 ft water Green can going against the tide. Pretty stoked I put alot of time in to get that baby, but I enjoy every second of it.20150825_143147.jpg

Nice fish Capt Crunch. I landed a nice one by myself today as well. My digital scale wasn't working but I figure it was over 25, probably not 30. Caught just off Francisco Pt.

Just got back from 4 days at Browns Bay and the fishing was unbelievable. Most fish were in the high teens, biggest I landed was 24lbs. Most guys using anchovies, but I used hoochies and seemed to do just as well. Early morning bite was the best, would go out at 6am and back at the dock by 7:30-8am with my two. Then take the kids out later in the afternoon for some more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up 2 low teens...one on chovy in a glow bloody nose teaser head @ 140. The other was on a hoochie at 155. Also got a fat hatch coho on a chovy out in the channel while dealing with the first Chinook...took a chovy on the other rod which I had pulled up to about 65'.

Released a couple undersized and two small wild cohos.

Both chinooks hit right at the wall just north of the marina.

Saw a few fish being netted, but didn't seem be tons of action.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone just wondering if anyone has done much fishing up north around green sea or across at Chatham point???

I just spent the last two days up there. Also Thurston Bay Area. Slow as well. We got springs both days at the bluff right at Browns Bay. We caught lots of fish but nothing we could keep. Undersized and sockeye. Man were the sockeye pretty. Hope fully it picks up. Have never been to Thurston Bay. Was kicking my self for not running over to Hall point. Also the wall at Deepwater could hav been producing. My guests still had a blast. Water was calm and flat.

Deepwater has been very kind to me for the last month so i have had no need to go further,and my boats moored at browns.Anchovys,120' range has been the ticket.Wind has been sucky last 2 weeks.

If someone is going up north (deep water, green sea) on Saturday, please report back on the sea conditions. I've got a friend from Alberta who will be here on Sunday and would like to go fishing but I'm concerned about the wind. Thinking that deep water or green sea is my best bet for some protection from a south easterly wind.

IMG_1854.jpg

Got that one Thursday at the green can, tomic tubby, was in 200ft of water and hit as I was bringing up the rigger from bouncing off the bottom. Still smiling about it!

I was at Chatham point on the 26th at about 0630 am immediately caught a 27lber spring at 130 feet then a 15lb one at 160 feet. Kinda slowed down then until about 2 hours into flood and quite a few people started hooking up.

Back