Thunderjet chinook os

Live 2 fish

Anybody have a thunderjet chinook with the new hull style?
They seem like a pretty solid boat at reasonable price.

Seems like most come powered with a F150, anybody have a F200?

I just bought a new one 3 weeks ago with a 150. With 4 people onboard and 1/3 tank of fuel and a kicker it did 44mph. The motor is mounted 2 holes to low so I think 46mph will be my top speed. I have a stainless 17p prop on a yamaha 150

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Jac. How do you like the boat so far? Where did you buy it?

I'm interested in the thunderjet as well as silverstreak, and completely different boat but I do like the G.W. 208... Chances of finding a T.J. Used is unlikely for a couple years I'd say as I definitely would want the new style hull.

Cheers,

I just bought a new one 3 weeks ago with a 150. With 4 people onboard and 1/3 tank of fuel and a kicker it did 44mph. The motor is mounted 2 holes to low so I think 46mph will be my top speed. I have a stainless 17p prop on a yamaha 150

I was wondering which holes you have the engine mounted on for I have the identical boat and motor set up but cannot get the performance u are talking about. I am mounted as deep as my engine can offer. Thanks.

Love my boat btw.

I was wondering which holes you have the engine mounted on for I have the identical boat and motor set up but cannot get the performance u are talking about. I am mounted as deep as my engine can offer. Thanks.

Love my boat btw.

What year hull is your boat is it the new style?? Is yours a hard or soft top? My boat has the motor mounted all the way down but I will lift it up to the third hole. The rep says that mounting in the third hole is the best for the new hull design and the 2nd hole is good for the older hull.

They changed the hull late 2013. Smooth ride!! Not saying your isn't just they made some improvements

Still have this boat JAC? I've got the 2010 Chinook OS model with the Alaskan bulkhead, it's one foot oversize....so 21' plus the full size pod and an 80 gallon fuel tank.

Attachments

• ChinookOS.jpg
    ChinookOS.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 209
Back