The latest CJ- Lure

The first batch arrived and the 2nd will be here in 10 days.. they look great....and look forward to running them :)
needlefish or regular CJ's?

Purple (like the one on the left) was best for me in the needlefish variety. Have not yet tried the herring size. The purple and copcar herring in the picture look excellent though. How big are they?

Im gonna stop by on the way to Port in the am, will run a cj special head to head against nog's needlefish and see how they perform

2 different animals.. one is a small herring and Nog's a big needle fish ..and I know where I look forward to running that myself ..

2 different animals.. one is a small herring and Nog's a big needle fish ..and I know where I look forward to running that myself ..

X2 in Derby's Post. If there are tons of Chinooks around they will both catch and 2 different lures with different actions imitating different baitfish. To be fair, Nogs spoon would have to be fished off against a Coho killer or other Needlefish imitation in a scientific method controlled test.

Also, Nog has put in his R&D into this spoon based on certain conditions.

I am heading up there this am myself, I really like the looks of them CJ's also really like the swivel before the hook idea, I was skeptical at first but after I tried some spoons like that I find that is better for my hook to boat ratio.

Yes....not to derail a thread but many claim that putting a swivel on the front of a spoon slows down the action and that tying direct to ring gives it better action...at slow speeds.

Personally I think it's the other way around like you said.

You tie direct you are fighting the twist of the line.......you put a swivel in, that frees it up to do more without the tension of the line on it....

009 (3).jpg Hope some of you made it to PNT today, ive been to the candy store n "got mine" so to speak, albernifisher was trying to clean the place out but thankfully I was in time :)Rob said they would be sold out by the afternoon :)

Gave the Purple/Gold one a drag around this evening with no luck, but then again ,I didn't have any luck with anything else either! The Salmon....not hungry tonight

I gave the purple n gold one 6 hours yesterday...I really like the action on these spoons I just need to find some better fishing as I know they will produce in the right area..

Last edited by a moderator:
8u6a8eru.jpg

Hey Fortyfour, That's a great pic. Do you mind if I use it? That's my flasher.

No problem just send me another one! Used that one all summer last year until losing it. We called it the titty flasher!

Back