2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

Hi everyone i thought i would get this years thread going.

Lets have all the reports here

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much to report, unless you want to hear bad news.
I`ve been out 6 times since the middle of February, and have yet to bring home anything. One really nice Ling and a couple of nice rockfish, but nothing in the larder.
With the nice bright sun, the plankton bloom should be on anytime soon.
Lure-washer

Out today off F.C from noon until about 4:445 pm.

Nice day....just like summer

There is a bit of algae starting....sticks to your lines....but so far it is soft and easy to get off.

Little bit of weed in places.

Caught:-

1 4lb Coho (hatchery)...released

4 Chinook...of which.....3 undersize (released) but last one was a keeper.

Bite on from about 2:15pm to 4:15 pm.

All caught on the lure in picture.........5ft behind a green/glow flasher.......190ft down in 200ft of water.

Lure was a "Manistee"....but I shaved quite a bit off each side to give it better profile...then repainted it, same on both sides.

This fish had a six-inch herring in it's stomach.

001.jpg

Plan on coming out that way first part of June, what kind of action is around that time of year?

Thanks.

"Miigratories" will be around by then......as well as the resident "feeders". I think Coho will be open by then as well......always pays to check the regs...

LIngcod/Rockfish should be open by then too.

Nice to hear people getting out, Great report Seafever! Looking to try and maybe get out next weekend. Likely going to give Gerald a try

VanCityTyee:-.......I was thinking I should've given Winchelsea area a shot.......

FC Marina p/lot was packed with boats yesterday.......where they all went I don't know, there was only about 4 boats fishing out front most of the time.

On a side note:- I saw zero baitballs on the finder all day...............almost zero fish too......save for one or two Coho clusters at 20 to 60ft depth.......

About 4pm I did see a about a half dozen fish at 160ft depth.

But in times gone by I've caught fish when there was nothing on the finder........

There are a few around Gerald and Ballenas, a little shallower than normal at 140. We were into 4 this afternoon, boated 3, the biggest went 23 lbs. We will be out there steady for the next month until moving out west.

Vancity were you in the striper?

Fished the tide at 5:30 am and the tide at 9:55 am hoping for a morning bite, called it a day after that, was fishing deep today 177 - 200'.

Was in the 18' Hourston 150 merc Hardtop

Back