Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Fished 5am to 1ish this morning with Bigmeal .. 6 hook ups 2 landed . had one pop off the rigger acouple of head shakes and snap broke off . 18 and 9 lbs

Big thanks to Biggy , he has one in the box and his rod goes off , im standing right in front of it and he says grab it ,,, a couple nice runs , one oooops with the net and it in the bucket .... all on his rod and new Trophy real ,,, class act Biggy ,many I have fished with would not have let me play that fish .... the fish gods will repay you ....

Sammy We called you but no answer ,,,,, lets have a beer some time

tubbed

I used a Fluke digital multimeter set on auto-range volts dc, if yours doesn't have the auto range set it for 1 volt or less, touch the hull of the boat with the black(negative) lead and touch the red to the DR wire.
cheers

Hi Gypseas, I was wondering how I test this in my boat? I have a multi meter. Is it DC or AC voltage? I have an aluminum boat and manual dr's.

Thanks,
Dave

Glad to have finally boated some fish with you tubbed out. It was an awesome day out there other than the occasional 4' wave, but the action seemed somewhat steady compared to previous weeks that I'd been out. I can't wait to get out there again and try to get that illusive tyee!!

Thanks Tailspin for the help, stick and stay paid off for us today at the Trap.

Sammy We called you but no answer ,,,,, lets have a beer some time

tubbed

Tubb/Biggy, congrats on a great day...as for me I was wife bonding...sooner or later fishing takes a backseat ;)... was that some beer or "A" beer?:confused:...sammy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sneaking out tomorrow Sammy? I am going to head out after 10:30 or so if your out. Nice to hear the salmon are biting guys, nice catches!

Mike

Tubb/Biggy, congrats on a great day...as for me I was wife bonding...sooner or later fishing takes a backseat ;)... was that some beer or "A" beer?:confused:...sammy

Hey Sammy, speaking of wife bonding, I must say my wife is awesome since she let me go fishing today on our anniversary. I'm so lucky it hurts. Hope to see you out there, maybe next weekend.

Shoulda woulda coulda........ Got to the boat and nixed 'er this mornin.... the spit looked fun on that ebb... Tomorrw 68

Ill have some fish in the boat by the time you get out Mike :p.....I hope, Give ya a buzz

Shoulda woulda coulda........ Got to the boat and nixed 'er this mornin.... the spit looked fun on that ebb... Tomorrw 68

Ill have some fish in the boat by the time you get out Mike :p.....I hope, Give ya a buzz

Sounds good! I will give you a shout when I hit Beechy.

Mike

Sneaking out tomorrow Sammy? I am going to head out after 10:30 or so if your out. Nice to hear the salmon are biting guys, nice catches!

Mike

I'm up, who used my toothbrush?...shhh don't wake my wife, i'm outside where the hell are u!...sammy

Mondays are always nice :cool:

"Mondays are always nice" AArgh! soon, soon, this is my last week of work until late August.
T2

Since I am retired now in theory I can go anytime. However, lately there is always something to do around the place or it is too windy (not a good sailor :cool:. Anyway, next week we are planning on taking my brother visiting from U.K. out , even though we are extremely unlikely to catch anything what with my skills and all, unless the Pinks show up!! Lol

can anyone tell me if the pinks have started to show up yet in sooke???? thanx for any info...
c.askin: There is the odd pink at Sooke/Beecher Bay but no numbers yet. We caught a 7 lb. pink on Saturday while trolling back to Cheanuh from Otter Point, but only the one. I have heard that there are lots in Renfrew in pockets, if they are on the move they could be here in a week or less. There may be numbers off shore in the outer tide lines but I'm not sure.

...Rob

Ive hit 2 so far this year both at otter point on a strong flood tide. I heard of one guy hitting 5 with his 2 boys in 4 hours. By the time he shows up from the UK they should be around in fair numbers.

Out today 7-2:30 had two good smacks and missed both. Just not hitting hard for me. But i was able to assist in Liprippers limit by radioing him that he had a fish on :p

Jeeze maybe if I stopped watching your rods Id get my own fish :p

-Steve

LOL..... well if I wasn't trying to get the other rod back down after the little fish...... That thing gulped it quick. That was about 30 seconds after I hit the brake on that side.... Thx for the help....:cool: Can't believe you saw that from that far.
Did the same thing to a guy last weekend while he was watching another guy play a fish off the other side

Good day though. 3 for 6 in 5 hours.... 1 under 2 over..... wasn't gunna worry about another little guy...60-80ft
And special thx to G-pa..... We'll have to work on his netting :rolleyes: I almost think they were intentional

Oh yeah.... Knotty B I could not make you out on the radio

Fished from 7-12 at muir and west 4 shakers, decided to pack it in, stopped at Secretary on the way in, set up in the rip and got a good pull that bust off, set up again and got another hit, 25 lbw. white Spring that was tail- hooked, tough one to net... solo..started to get rough and went in. 90 ft. Anchovy good day Driller

Got a few today and heard the pinks have rounded the corner and are coming our way I look back in my records and in 07 on the 10th of july had a day with kids where we got into close to 30 of the buggers so be prepared.

Good luck wolf

Back