MRWood's Recent Activity

1. MRWood replied to the thread Water in the oil.

Tested the exhaust manifold that I thought was leaking due to seeing moisture in two of the exhaust outlets. Blocked off the manifold...

May 22, 2018 at 8:07 PM
  2. MRWood replied to the thread Water in the oil.

Engine was winterized and plugs removed. That was with the old manifolds and risers as I changed them in March. I do have gaskets that...

May 22, 2018 at 12:41 PM
  3. MRWood replied to the thread Water in the oil.

Thanks for the offer and suggestions Dave, appreciated. Unfortunately I live in Nanoose on the Island (shouldn't actually say...

May 22, 2018 at 8:43 AM
  4. MRWood attached a file to the thread Water in the oil.

Here's a close up of the middle exhaust manifold port. The front port also had moisture. I'm not sure if the water is coming from the...

riser port.JPG Engine port.JPG riser test.JPG May 22, 2018 at 8:38 AM
  5. MRWood replied to the thread Water in the oil.

The exhaust manifolds and risers are raw water cooled. It's definitely not gas getting into the oil, it's water. The motor has steam...

May 22, 2018 at 8:15 AM
  6. MRWood replied to the thread Water in the oil.

No it doesn't have a composite intake. No vortec. The pressure test would have detected any intake manifold gasket leak would it not.

May 21, 2018 at 9:36 PM
  7. MRWood replied to the thread Water in the oil.

I did get the pressure test done on the cooling system. It held pressure ato 14psi. Could it still be a head gasket if the system is...

May 21, 2018 at 9:14 PM
  8. MRWood replied to the thread Water in the oil.

I ran water thru the manifold and riser outside on a table, no leak. Perhaps it will only leak when being run on the motor, heat...

May 21, 2018 at 8:45 PM
  9. MRWood liked searun's post in the thread 2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports.

Out Saturday. Lot slower action. We managed 2 Chinook and lost 2 other screamers. Was a little challenging because there was a wall of...

May 21, 2018 at 4:37 PM
  10. MRWood replied to the thread Water in the oil.

I think I''ve found the problem. I ran the boat on the muffs until it got warm with the intention of pulling the starboard exhaust...

May 21, 2018 at 4:28 PM
  11. MRWood liked GLG's post in the thread Water in the oil.

These guy's use to test them but I'm unsure if they still do. They are in Courtenay / Comox Valley Island Radiator & Battery 250-334-4932

May 19, 2018 at 8:24 PM
  12. MRWood replied to the thread Water in the oil.

I have the boat back and kicker is running well now. Had a bad CDI box, it had started to fail. Anyway's, I didn't want to take the...

May 19, 2018 at 6:01 PM
  13. MRWood liked searun's post in the thread 2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports.

Not my report, but neighbour was out today and boated a 29 and 15 on 3.5 Coyote spoons. The 29 was a red, the 15 was a white.

May 18, 2018 at 9:04 AM
  14. MRWood liked Waterwolf2230's post in the thread Evinrude G2 - My Initial Thoughts.

Well I am back from my first trip of the year and first test run in my new RH boat. I figured I'd share my initial thoughts on how the...

G2 - 250HO.jpg May 17, 2018 at 10:18 PM