mbowers's Recent Activity

1. mbowers liked Fishtofino's post in the thread TSB says modifications caused fatal sport fishing vessel incident near Tofino.

I blame DOT for not getting out of their office and enforcing the rules. Also, there doesn't seem to be any way to create separation...

May 21, 2018 at 7:19 PM
  2. mbowers replied to the thread Instant Pot for crab.

Thanks for a good laugh. :) The instant pot is really good for stock too because the water isn't boiling so things aren't mixing...

May 17, 2018 at 9:32 AM
  3. mbowers liked Pewpster's post in the thread Instant Pot for crab.

Sounds like it worked a lot better then what I tried with shellfish. I filled my instant pot with prawn heads to make stock, but it...

May 17, 2018 at 9:23 AM
  4. mbowers posted a new thread.

Instant Pot for crab

The Instant Pot is a great crab steamer IMHO. I can fit 4 cleaned Dungeness in the 6 qt model. High pressure for 6 mins and then take...

Forum: Recipes, Storage and Preparation of Seafood

May 16, 2018
  5. mbowers replied to the thread TSB says modifications caused fatal sport fishing vessel incident near Tofino.

Ok cup holders can be okay. I've replaced many screw fasteners that pulled on my boat on major items: deck, rod holders, trolling...

May 16, 2018
  6. mbowers replied to the thread TSB says modifications caused fatal sport fishing vessel incident near Tofino.

" Three securing screws breached the watertight integrity of the vessel. When these screws went missing, the resulting holesallowed...

May 16, 2018