My new boat!

Waterwolf2230

Hey guys,

I wanted to thank those that have assisted me with all of my questions through the decision making process. I got word today that my new boat is going in for paint today! 3 weeks to paint and 1 week to do the pre-rig and I’ll get to bring her home to finish the rigging! I probably changed my mind a hundred times before settling on a 26’ RH Sea Hawk Pro Walkthrough (28’ overall). I’m going with twin 225 HO Evinrude G2’s for the power. The fuel economy, power/torque and 10 year warranty were a no brainer to me.

My life has been consumed with how and what to rig in it for electronics etc. I went with 2 x 12 Simrad EVO 3’s with an Airmar SS175HW through hull transducer, Simrad 4G radar, Simrad RS35 VHF, Shakespeare Phase III 8’ antenna, Furuno 711C Autopilot (specifically for its Sabiki Mode), Scotty 2116 downriggers, 12x12 trim tabs and a Fusion stereo system.

It’s gonna be a tough month waiting!

Cheers,

Curtis

Attachments

• F6B51F75-0949-41AE-8460-1B9962941650.jpeg
    F6B51F75-0949-41AE-8460-1B9962941650.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 704
  • 8BE80AE9-788B-4625-9F88-220F28B9E322.jpeg
    8BE80AE9-788B-4625-9F88-220F28B9E322.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 693
  • 8F1DBEC5-80B4-4712-AECD-D4E10BC95177.jpeg
    8F1DBEC5-80B4-4712-AECD-D4E10BC95177.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 667
Very nice rig. Totally jealous. It will be an awesome rig for fishing out of..good luck with the rigging when you get it.

Oly

If you don’t post pics when it’s done, I will be very upset with you! Awesome boat bud!

Wow.... That's just sexy!! Those G2's will make her fly!

Its funny how much MORE time & anxiety this process takes than, buying a house, or deciding if you should put a ring on her finger... Honestly nothing is more life consuming!

Congrats Brother!!!!

I can tell you this much, RH Boats has been absolutely fantastic to work with. Lots of little tweaks, full 11’ locking rod lockers in the gunnels and flip down jump seats in the aft deck. They’ve checked in on various stages in the process to make sure that everything was exactly as I wanted it. Super impressed...

And I agree with you. The boat is more than my first house was. I’m super fortunate to have a VERY understanding wife!

similar layout to my king fisher. One thing that I would change if i could is I would have done a closed bow with a walkthough or opening window. the bow area just doesn't get used.

That boat looks great. What colour did you go with?

Attachments

• 20171108_150140_preview.jpeg
    20171108_150140_preview.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 239
similar layout to my king fisher. One thing that I would change if i could is I would have done a closed bow with a walkthough or opening window. the bow area just doesn't get used.

That boat looks great. What colour did you go with?
I looked very hard at that boat but Gibbons Motor Toys was absolutely brutal to deal with. They took weeks To get a reply, were completely inflexible in the customizing and wouldn’t sell me a boat without a Mercury Verado package. I don’t get offended very easily And have no idea how they stay in business.

I jig a ton for salmon so I think that the bow will get used quite a bit. I’m hoping that Sabiki Mode works as I hope it will. There is nothing more fun to me than catching 25lb Springs on a jig.

I chose the cobalt blue color and a custom wrap for my G2’s. Should be pretty cool. I like the scale wrap.

Attachments

• EC19FF70-B3F5-4B4B-9D4D-66FEC66678D3.jpeg
    EC19FF70-B3F5-4B4B-9D4D-66FEC66678D3.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 268
You made great choice's on the electronics and your colours should look real good on the water.Hope I get to see it at Pacific Playground this year.Good on you Curtis.

Hey guys,

I wanted to thank those that have assisted me with all of my questions through the decision making process. I got word today that my new boat is going in for paint today! 3 weeks to paint and 1 week to do the pre-rig and I’ll get to bring her home to finish the rigging! I probably changed my mind a hundred times before settling on a 26’ RH Sea Hawk Pro Walkthrough (28’ overall). I’m going with twin 225 HO Evinrude G2’s for the power. The fuel economy, power/torque and 10 year warranty were a no brainer to me.

My life has been consumed with how and what to rig in it for electronics etc. I went with 2 x 12 Simrad EVO 3’s with an Airmar SS175HW through hull transducer, Simrad 4G radar, Simrad RS35 VHF, Shakespeare Phase III 8’ antenna, Furuno 711C Autopilot (specifically for its Sabiki Mode), Scotty 2116 downriggers, 12x12 trim tabs and a Fusion stereo system.

It’s gonna be a tough month waiting!

Cheers,

Curtis
You win.

I looked very hard at that boat but Gibbons Motor Toys was absolutely brutal to deal with. They took weeks To get a reply, were completely inflexible in the customizing and wouldn’t sell me a boat without a Mercury Verado package. I don’t get offended very easily And have no idea how they stay in business.

I jig a ton for salmon so I think that the bow will get used quite a bit. I’m hoping that Sabiki Mode works as I hope it will. There is nothing more fun to me than catching 25lb Springs on a jig.

I chose the cobalt blue color and a custom wrap for my G2’s. Should be pretty cool. I like the scale wrap.

Ya Gibbons isn't the greatest. Tim the owner is good though. I think only Jones Boys Boats and Parksville Boathouse will sell with Yamaha on kingfisher.

Kingfisher is more production boat. I don't think they are big into custom options unless its for their dealer demo boat or something.

Twin 225 evinrudes that thing is going to be a rocket!

Nice setup. have very similar finder/radar/transducer and it has worked very well. Gibbons in Salmon Arm has been excellent to deal with on my boat upgrades. Going with a new Mercury 200 this year. Good luck fishing in that beautiful new boat!!

Ya Gibbons isn't the greatest. Tim the owner is good though. I think only Jones Boys Boats and Parksville Boathouse will sell with Yamaha on kingfisher.

Kingfisher is more production boat. I don't think they are big into custom options unless its for their dealer demo boat or something.

Twin 225 evinrudes that thing is going to be a rocket!

Actually Galleon Marine and GA Checkpoint will sell with Yamaha on the Kingfisher.

Back