Anyone run a Enertia-Eco prop?

Or how about pitch? Anyone on here with a 23' gulfstream and a 300hp outboard or similar setup. What prop and pitch are you running? Thanks!

done some pokin around ,

spoken to a few that run regular Enertias ,
Gary runs a 17 Enertia , and loves it , ,26 Hourston with a 300 Verado ,
Chuck also with a 21 Trophy 350 Verado , 17 p Enertia ,from our forum ,
my good friend Zelko also just bought a 24 Weldcraft with a Verado 350 ,
all guys runnin 17 pitch , getting between 5800-6300 rpm.s , WOT (wide open throttle)
a great company that knows there **** , Prop Gods , http://www.propgods.com/Content2/Default.aspx
due to the heavy duty wider gearcase , the original Enertia ( 14.5 in diameter ) performs well , but,, the Enertia Eco is 1.5 in wider at 16 in ,
the 14.5 in will have a slight slip at certain rpms due to the wider beefier leg , so , the 16 was born , use the same pitch , more prop and bite at all ranges ,
appx 10-15 % more fuel efficient , the Eco was a perfect match for the Larger Verados im told , not that much more $$ either
its what im goin with on my 24 Striper , 17 p Enertia ECO ( i have the SCI 350 ) , which is made by Mercury Racing , slightly different .
WOT (wide open throttle) on mine is 6300-6800 rpm's

hope that helps

FD

Be aware the ENERTIA , as Fog mentions above, is a very DIFFERENT prop than the ENERTIA ECO. It is unfortunate merc used the name ENERTIA in the ENERTIA ECO because it causes a lot of confusion with buyers. The ECO has huge blades and is very efficient in midrange. 10-15% better over Rev4s on my previous 315 Conquest w/ twin 350VRods. Make sure when you're spec'ing your prop you understand these are two very different props.

done some pokin around ,

spoken to a few that run regular Enertias ,
Gary runs a 17 Enertia , and loves it , ,26 Hourston with a 300 Verado ,
Chuck also with a 21 Trophy 350 Verado , 17 p Enertia ,from our forum ,
my good friend Zelko also just bought a 24 Weldcraft with a Verado 350 ,
all guys runnin 17 pitch , getting between 5800-6300 rpm.s , WOT (wide open throttle)
a great company that knows there **** , Prop Gods , http://www.propgods.com/Content2/Default.aspx
due to the heavy duty wider gearcase , the original Enertia ( 14.5 in diameter ) performs well , but,, the Enertia Eco is 1.5 in wider at 16 in ,
the 14.5 in will have a slight slip at certain rpms due to the wider beefier leg , so , the 16 was born , use the same pitch , more prop and bite at all ranges ,
appx 10-15 % more fuel efficient , the Eco was a perfect match for the Larger Verados im told , not that much more $$ either
its what im goin with on my 24 Striper , 17 p Enertia ECO ( i have the SCI 350 ) , which is made by Mercury Racing , slightly different .
WOT (wide open throttle) on mine is 6300-6800 rpm's

hope that helps

FD

Thanks FD. Yea Chuck and I live down the street from eachother and I was going to borrow his prop for testing but it's in port Alberni at the moment. You know how it is, ya get ants in your pants and you don't want to wait. Lol. If you dont mind sharing some numbers once you get back in the water id appreciate it!

Be aware the ENERTIA , as Fog mentions above, is a very DIFFERENT prop than the ENERTIA ECO. It is unfortunate merc used the name ENERTIA in the ENERTIA ECO because it causes a lot of confusion with buyers. The ECO has huge blades and is very efficient in midrange. 10-15% better over Rev4s on my previous 315 Conquest w/ twin 350VRods. Make sure when you're spec'ing your prop you understand these are two very different props.

Hey thanks for the input. I am pretty up to date with propellers as far as what's on the market and I do understand that the enertia is a performance prop geared towards the Verado and other large hp outboard. The total agree the version should have been called something else but I'd imagine that the marketing department at mercury was trying to ride the coat tails of the success of the enertia. The diameter of the eco does not change with pitch and 16" is the largest that will fit on a Verado. The surface area is equal to the rev 4 so it gives good bite in reverse at the dock. Also they run an inch higher in pitch than stamped and in some testing that i have read offer up to 45% better fuel economy. Hence the name. Yea, I'll take it lol

Reactions: BCI
Are you running a single 300 VRod? Or are you running something else? If you're running a single VRod 300 on a 232 you may find you end up at a 15" pitch, then you're in regular Enertia territory. Rev4 in 15" doesn't bite and ECO doesn't come below 17. Just put Enertia 15's on a 282 w/ Vrod225s. Could only spin 5800 with the Rev4 17's, Spins 6300 with the Enertia 15s. This is the boat loaded for a full day (200 gallons fuel, 800 pounds people and gear).

I have a pair of backup Rev4 17's in Ukee you're more than welcome to try one if you get to that point.

Last edited:
Ran mirage props on twin 150's couldn't get on plane with one motor. Spun a hub mid season switched to Enertia's the regular ones not eco what a difference, better hole shot, could get on plane with one motor, the motors synced awesome in all conditions plus a better top speed. Both the mirage's and enertia's were 19's Highly recommend the enertia's. Now running yami's so I'm running SDS Saltwater series props they seem fine still Enertia is my favorite prop.

Are you running a single 300 VRod? Or are you running something else? If you're running a single VRod 300 on a 232 you may find you end up at a 15" pitch, then you're in regular Enertia territory. Rev4 in 15" doesn't bite and ECO doesn't come below 17. Just put Enertia 15's on a 282 w/ Vrod225s. Could only spin 5800 with the Rev4 17's, Spins 6300 with the Enertia 15s. This is the boat loaded for a full day (200 gallons fuel, 800 pounds people and gear).

I have a pair of backup Rev4 17's in Ukee you're more than welcome to try one if you get to that point.

Yea single 300 V rod. I know Mike P was running a 15 enertia on his grady with a 225 v rod then switched to a 17 when he upgraded to a 300. I think I remember him saying that he could have gone 18p. My hull is a Donzi F23 with a 9 foot 4 beam. Not too many around but I do know that it closely resembles the 23 gulfstream in size and layout.

BCI, with your rev4s now spares what are you running for your go to propellers?

BCI, with your rev4s now spares what are you running for your go to propellers?

The ECO's are my favourite. They performed well all around, great bite, and they gave the best cruise mpg and therefore range on a tank of fuel. The Rev4s are great props too if you can't spin the ECOs.

The ECO's are my favourite. They performed well all around, great bite, and they gave the best cruise mpg and therefore range on a tank of fuel. The Rev4s are great props too if you can't spin the ECOs.

Thanks. I've got a borrowed 17p mirage plus to get some numbers out of for testing and also a free 15p enertia on the way. Probably a few weeks away from getting out on the maiden voyage though.

Thanks. I've got a borrowed 17p mirage plus to get some numbers out of for testing and also a free 15p enertia on the way. Probably a few weeks away from getting out on the maiden voyage though.

Unfortunately for both of us, the ECO does not come below 17 pitch. The 15 pitch is just a regular Enertia prop, not the Enertia ECO. I run the regular Enertia 15's on my Grady 282 but wish I could spin the ECO in the 17.

Let us know how you do with those two props.

Will do for sure.

I did find some interesting info in an old magazine online. Brand new my boat specs out at 2800lbs dry. Even though it's the same size as a 232. I know that seems awful light but that's good news for me. It was tested with a 225 johnsen spinning a 17 pitch prop and touched 42mph.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180217-151049.png
    Screenshot_20180217-151049.png
    882.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20180217-151101.png
    Screenshot_20180217-151101.png
    869.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20180217-151109.png
    Screenshot_20180217-151109.png
    919.1 KB · Views: 19
ive recently purchaced a 19 ft Custom Cope Welded aluminum , 8ft 6in beam , New Mercury Seapro 115 4 Stroke ,
Enertia Eco 17 pitch , pretty impressed with performance so far , through the whole range
zero slip , unreal holeshot , dont know about the fuel economy yet , its a 115 lol
sure its fabulous...highly recommended so far
putting a Enertia Eco 17 p on my Vrod 350 , 2301 Striper .. stay tuned....

fd

That's pretty cool that your able to turn a 16" prop with a 115hp FD.

Here's a pic of the actual Tub. She used to have twin 140 evinrudes on the original springfield bracket but @fishin solo modified it for me to run a big single. Had the bracket media blasted and powdercoated black to match after all the welding.

IMG_20180225_092801_703-02.jpeg

Last edited:
Well here's an update. Can't run an eco

Stiletto advantage II 17p
28mph cruise @ 5300rpm - 17.5gph 39%slip
35mph WOT @ 6000rpm 33%slip

enertia 15p
27.5mph cruise @ 4650rpm - 12.8gph 23%slip
38mph WOT @ 6000rpm 18%slip
minimum plane speed 21mph

mirage plus 17p
30mph cruise @ 4500rpm - 12.3gph 23%slip
40mph WOT @ 5550rpm 17%slip
22mph minimum plane speed

The enertia had great holeshot, the mirage holeshot sucked. The mirage felt better and had a higher cruise speed and better economy but 17 was too high pitch. Going to try a 15 mirage plus next.

Last edited:
Back