I finally did it... Bought a boat!!

Who are you insured with? Thanks
Well I live down in the States ;)..insured through Anchor Marine in Seattle. The policy is called a “yacht” policy but my boat is clearly not a yacht. It allows me to have a policy coverage up to 75 miles offshore anywhere in the lower 48 States and Canada.

well, I finally did it... I bought a boat! After months of searching and learning I found my boat & bought it. Folks on this forum taught me a lot and prevented me from making mistakes. (Shout out to Franko for taking a lot of time to answer my questions)

I picked up a 2017 Hewescraft Searunner ET ST. I upsized the motor with a 150 HP Yammy. (Pics show the 115 HP they originally had on it). Ideally I would prefer a Evinrude G2, but economics won't allow it with amount of credit given for removing the Yammy. I. Ought the boat at Sherwood marine and got a sweet deal on it. (Boat show pricing). No one else could touch the cost. It was one of the times buying in Canada was the best price.

I can't wait to equip it & now my focus is on electronics and accessories.

I am beyond excited to have my dream boat! I will be pulling it up to Haida Gwaii this summer for 2 weeks.

I sure like mine a lot... 10 years later.
Let the fun begin!

Well .... Only thing I see bad about your new boat is "ITS GOT NO BLOOD ON IT !" HAHA !
Enjoy and hope you geter really bloody this summer ...........
ps Still a nice looking water sled even without the blood !

ILHG- have you started the break in process on that bad boy yet? You need to have it ready for our trip this summer.

Haven't done it yet. Going to ha e to wait until spring. All the water is frozen around here. Also I'm going to wait to pick it up until April.

This has given me time to figure out how I want to set up the boat. Also a chance to try to save up some more cash to do it before it hits the chuck.

I wish I could have pulled off getting a Evinrude G2 on it, then I wouldn't have to worry about the break in & first 20hr service.

We need to get you up to Haida Gwaii so I can show you a good time.

I have an 18' sportsman, great boats. Not a tonne of frills but well made and tough. You're gonna love it!

Lol!!! Trust me as soon as I have enough open water I will be out there. Even if I only ha e 100' off shore open

Lol!!! Trust me as soon as I have enough open water I will be out there. Even if I only ha e 100' off shore open
Hey ILHG.... not sure how to send PM... send me one if you can.... I just realized I live family close to you... also have a Hewes... I can help you with rigging big time...... contact me if you can.!
Thanks

So far I have the following picked out & ordered. Still have lots to figure out, but I got this going for now.

- Lowrance Elite 7 Ti c/w total scan
- Standard Horizion GX1700 radio
- 2 x Scotty 2116 HP Downriggers
- 2 x Scotty stainless steel rocket launcher rod holders

I still need a kicker also. Just need to wait until I get the funds to get one. I may need to do this season with just the main motor. Not ideal but better than nothing. Its crazy how much it is to equip the boat.. I will send some pics as it comes together. I had the fish finder & radio installed at the dealership. I will do the down riggers when I bring it home in April.

So far I have the following picked out & ordered. Still have lots to figure out, but I got this going for now.

- Lowrance Elite 7 Ti c/w total scan
- Standard Horizion GX1700 radio
- 2 x Scotty 2116 HP Downriggers
- 2 x Scotty stainless steel rocket launcher rod holders

I still need a kicker also. Just need to wait until I get the funds to get one. I may need to do this season with just the main motor. Not ideal but better than nothing. Its crazy how much it is to equip the boat.. I will send some pics as it comes together. I had the fish finder & radio installed at the dealership. I will do the down riggers when I bring it home in April.

I just bought a fairly well equipped 2009 Boulton Sea Skiff, and I have still put over $1,000 in to it with new starter, IAC valve, surge brake and a bunch of other stuff. I guess there is a lot of truth tot he old BOAT acronym. I wouldn't trade it for nothing though. Cant wait to see it all come together. Do you come over to the island?

I bought my brand new 18' 2017 Falcon Kingfisher last fall. Love my boat but I definitely had my boat blinders on when I picked it up. When I went to pickup the boat and I found 5 small deficiencies with the boat. Which the dealer fix no problems. After installing all my goodies on it I noticed more deficiencies. Looking really closely at the hull I noticed two patches done. They were small but noticeable and the swim grid had a small gouge. Because it was a new boat I didn't think I would have had to look at it with I fine tooth comb. It doesn't bother me that the boat has those patch or the deficiencies it bothers me that the dealer didn't identify the problems before I picked up the boat.

Next time I'll get my wife to look over the big purchase before I pick it up.:p She would have walked away and left me crying "I want my boat" LOL

I bought my brand new 18' 2017 Falcon Kingfisher last fall. Love my boat but I definitely had my boat blinders on when I picked it up. When I went to pickup the boat and I found 5 small deficiencies with the boat. Which the dealer fix no problems. After installing all my goodies on it I noticed more deficiencies. Looking really closely at the hull I noticed two patches done. They were small but noticeable and the swim grid had a small gouge. Because it was a new boat I didn't think I would have had to look at it with I fine tooth comb. It doesn't bother me that the boat has those patch or the deficiencies it bothers me that the dealer didn't identify the problems before I picked up the boat.

Next time I'll get my wife to look over the big purchase before I pick it up.:p She would have walked away and left me crying "I want my boat" LOL

Also I paid $600 for insurance from Intact Insurance

I just bought a fairly well equipped 2009 Boulton Sea Skiff, and I have still put over $1,000 in to it with new starter, IAC valve, surge brake and a bunch of other stuff. I guess there is a lot of truth tot he old BOAT acronym. I wouldn't trade it for nothing though. Cant wait to see it all come together. Do you come over to the island?

Havent been to the island yet. That's the 2019 plan & will be spending a couple weeks there. This year I have 2 weeks booked in Haida Gwai which will be her maiden voyage to the salt.

How do you get to Haida Gwai? I just looked it up and it looks amazing.

Typically I just took a charter into one of the lodges. However a couple years ago I booked a flight through Air Canada to Sandspit & spent a couple weeks with my family there. Best o do a VRBO.
This time the family is flying in & I am driving to Rupert. From there im taking the boat across on a ferry.

Back