stern flat steering wheel??

AndrewH

My aluminum will be ready in April and I am wanting to look into a flat steering wheel for the stern. I fish alone a lot and it would help me a great deal...

Anyone know where I should be looking?

you can get the flat foundry small wheels
but there quite pricey $250 +
on the island

i have only found dished wheels in stainless else where

harbour chandler had a couple.. 11" small, speed wheel built in, not too much dish.so almost flat.. i bought one at the boat show..

This is what we are running. We picked it up from the harbour chandler for a little over $100. We originally wanted aluminum or stainless but bought this to match the look of our main wheel. We are glad we did as it is very comfortable and keeping it clean hasn't been a problem. Having the rear steer station on the boat and plumbed to our hydraulic steering is the cat's butt. We'll never go back.View media item 491

Thank you tubber. Not sure why I have so many problems with pictures on this site. It's a constant battle with resolution and orientation. Obviously something I'm doing wrong.

I have a rebuilt seastar helm(seal)if you need it i have it as a spare been on my shelf for a few years pm me if you need one?

Wolf

I'm thinking of going this route. EZ steer hasn't really worked well for me because of awkward transom design forcing kicker to have little separation from main. I don't have hydraulic steering though. I guess I could just get a short cable setup, right? Kicker is a non-tiller 2000 Merc 9.9 4 stroke with electric start and manual tilt.

I'm thinking of going this route. EZ steer hasn't really worked well for me because of awkward transom design forcing kicker to have little separation from main. I don't have hydraulic steering though. I guess I could just get a short cable setup, right? Kicker is a non-tiller 2000 Merc 9.9 4 stroke with electric start and manual tilt.

I have a Python system on my 9'9 4 stroke kicker. Works great with either wired or wireless control.

https://powrtran.com/shop/python-wireless/

There is a flat chrome 8 spoke to 8 inch ring , wooden 8 spoke handles extend 3 inches further than the 8 inch ring stearing wheel for a boat at Merville second hand across from the old stardust drive-in . was there couple days ago .I'll go and take a look again soon ,and get some pictures.

image.jpg Yeah call it what it is, cheap, frugal? Whatever! Fits my current budget and sertainly fits my style!
Used what I had, Came out to 10"
Could always remove 4 spokes and put a Brodie knob on the remaining one

Last edited:
I have a rebuilt seastar helm(seal)if you need it i have it as a spare been on my shelf for a few years pm me if you need one?

Wolf
Hello Wolf
I am looking for a 1.7 c in helm pump to put in a rear steering station if that is what you have and if it is still available.
Thanks Dave

Here's a pic of my cheapo eBay wheel from China installed 20180304_163327-01.jpeg

Back