Best battery booster

pescador

I plan on carrying a battery booster on board this year. Any recommendations? I’ll need to crank over a 225 Yam if batteries died. I see Noco looks pretty decent. Not sure how much power I need though to crank the motor reasonable.

I have this one from Canadian tire that was on sale for $100 I think when I bought it. I read reviews and specs and it seemed rated pretty good compared to more expensive ones on amazon. I’ve only had to use it to start my old f150 that sat for a month and the battery wouldn’t even turn a light on because it was so dead. It took care of that just fine so I’m sure it would be fine for any outboard.

Attachments

• CF801E71-500B-43CA-A8EA-8AD828888D96.png
    CF801E71-500B-43CA-A8EA-8AD828888D96.png
    488.2 KB · Views: 72
I have this one from Canadian tire that was on sale for $100 I think when I bought it. I read reviews and specs and it seemed rated pretty good compared to more expensive ones on amazon. I’ve only had to use it to start my old f150 that sat for a month and the battery wouldn’t even turn a light on because it was so dead. It took care of that just fine so I’m sure it would be fine for any outboard.

That's the one I have to start my 5 litre Volvo Penta. They go on sale (25% off) at CT quite frequently.

x2 - same unit and it has always performed as described

Thanks gents. I'd heard the Noco's were good. Didn't really want to spend $160. Will wait till they go on sale.

Back