WTB 22-24' with cuddy

TipUp

This year I am looking to upgrade to something bigger and now that Christmas is over I have began the hunt for my next boat. I'm not in a rush to buy something but if the right boat comes available that'd be great. Looking for something in the 22-24' size with outboards, preferably a walkaround with a hard top. My ideal boat would be a 228 Seafarer but they sell very quickly and are hard to come by. Just seeing if anyone has any leads on anything for sale or coming up for sale in the next few months. Budget is around 50k.

PM mikep .. he maybe thinking about moving his tub..not sure where he is at right now....

The 228 Grady was my first choice too,but as you say very hard to find a good one,they sell fast.I settled for a 206 Double Eagle which was still hard to find.You may have to look south of the border.There was a 228 on the island but it was 69K and I don't see it advertised now.

That' the only way imo. Look south. I snagged my Donzi which is pretty much a 23 gulfstream GW for 10.5 usd. Repowered but that was my decision.

Going to check out a 22 pursuit this weekend. Engine is a 2003 yamaha 225 with 1200 hrs but from what I've researched these engines can go for 2000+ as long as the corrosion exhaust problem was dealt with.

This year I am looking to upgrade to something bigger and now that Christmas is over I have began the hunt for my next boat. I'm not in a rush to buy something but if the right boat comes available that'd be great. Looking for something in the 22-24' size with outboards, preferably a walkaround with a hard top. My ideal boat would be a 228 Seafarer but they sell very quickly and are hard to come by. Just seeing if anyone has any leads on anything for sale or coming up for sale in the next few months. Budget is around 50k.
check out Brant marine in ladner,they recondition gradys,(they have a **** load of them)they strip the haul recondition and pod them then pick your power (Suzuki dealer) at 50k budget pretty sure u could work out a deal for an awesome boat,go visit there shop ,the guys gave me a tour,showed me the work they do and I was amazed,problem for me was could not afford the 50k,ended up buying across the border for under 30k nice rig,but nothing like he ad to offer for 50k

check out Brant marine in ladner,they recondition gradys,(they have a **** load of them)they strip the haul recondition and pod them then pick your power (Suzuki dealer) at 50k budget pretty sure u could work out a deal for an awesome boat,go visit there shop ,the guys gave me a tour,showed me the work they do and I was amazed,problem for me was could not afford the 50k,ended up buying across the border for under 30k nice rig,but nothing like he ad to offer for 50k

That's good to know. I'll give them a call and see what they have to offer. I had a look at their website but it seems to be quite out of date.

That's good to know. I'll give them a call and see what they have to offer. I had a look at their website but it seems to be quite out of date.
ya not good at keeping up with there website,if your not in a big hurry,they walk u true the inventory they have(they had lot of gradys like 20 plus)u pick one ,they restore it,like full strip down,recondition and power up,you can monitor the progress and work,the guys are proud of what they do,then voila you have an awesome boat(new used boat for a fraction of what new would cost brand new,like I said wish I had the extra 20k to invest,i would of pull the trigger on a gulfstream that was almost done,all that was needed was pick your power(it was set up for twins)it made the cost to much for my WIFE lol,NO WAY I WAS GETTING A LOAN FOR A BOAT,he had two 150s miss match brand new old stock 2011 and 2013 counter rotating that he quoted me around 25k installed.dont get me wrong I love my new rig but by9 the time I fix all the bugs that came with it I will prob end up in the same price range,lots of my spring time is going to be spend fixing it to where I need it to be
\

I went to check out Brant the other weekend. They had a seafarer which was nearly done and a gulfstream around half way. They were both sold but nice boats. I liked what they do with the boats but after talking pricing, it'll still be quite a bit over my budget once the boat is all done with power, electronics, and a trailer.

Ca.boats.com know lots of people who have gotten boats off of that website. Just find a good surveyor in the area of the boat, some of the ones florida way seem like a good deal but are insurance jobs from the hurricanes. Usually lots of inventory and way better prices then up here. Even with the exchange and shipping costs

Ca.boats.com know lots of people who have gotten boats off of that website. Just find a good surveyor in the area of the boat, some of the ones florida way seem like a good deal but are insurance jobs from the hurricanes. Usually lots of inventory and way better prices then up here. Even with the exchange and shipping costs

Did the people you know bring the boats back themselves or with a transport company. I'm pretty sure I found the boat I want but its in Florida and I would be looking to get it transport to Blaine, WA. Just seeing if there is any first hand experience from someone who has done this and if they have any recommendations on who to use.

Did the people you know bring the boats back themselves or with a transport company. I'm pretty sure I found the boat I want but its in Florida and I would be looking to get it transport to Blaine, WA. Just seeing if there is any first hand experience from someone who has done this and if they have any recommendations on who to use.

No first hand experience my self but the people I know they used Uship and you get a bunch of bids from company's who ship boats around the USA. Good reviews on the website from people I know.

Uship is what I've been looking into. I am hoping for the price to be close to 5000 CAD.

Look up 23' Donzi walk around on uship history. That was me. There's a guy named "cap" that's on there. I did not use him because his bid was over budget but that's who you want.

Last edited:
Make sure you get a good trusted surveyor. Ask for two recent surveys as examples. I wasted $400 on a survey in OR and they were referred to me. Don't forget to ask them for a picture of the vin # and tire pressure sticker for the trailer and figure in the cost of converting the trailer to Electric over hydraulic brakes, and even adding brakes if they don't have them.

PS there is 2359 Trophy for sale for less then 35k in the northern gulf islands if I remember correctly. PM me your email address and I'll try to find him for you.

Thanks for the lead on the trophy but I've purchased a boat in Florida. I flew down to check everything out myself as I couldn't buy something without looking at it first. The boat is a 2002 Pursuit 2470 with a 2012 Yamaha 300. It's in really good shape with just a few minor fixes needed. Now I just need to research my shipping options and get the boat up here and get ready for the season.

Use uship! I had my boat shipped from SC across to Bellingham and picked it up and took it across the border . Uship was great. You will get bids , even better if you are flexible on dates . I paid just under 3k u.s. for the shipment .
Also I had the trailer converted to electric over hydraulic prior to shipment, saved some money over doing it here .

Good luck

Thanks for the lead on the trophy but I've purchased a boat in Florida. I flew down to check everything out myself as I couldn't buy something without looking at it first. The boat is a 2002 Pursuit 2470 with a 2012 Yamaha 300. It's in really good shape with just a few minor fixes needed. Now I just need to research my shipping options and get the boat up here and get ready for the season.
Great buy, you won't regret buying a Pursuit let alone a 2470, one of the best in its class. I thought about selling mine this season but reconsidered. What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? And if you have any questions about the boat feel free to ask.

Back