Halibut Fishing Update

Had me wondering about back then, so took a minute to see just what the reference was.
Wasn't overly surprised.
Minister, then and now, refusing to communicate based on self serving and somewhat fragile legal grounds.
Template then did not work beyond getting us a "shut the eff up" offering of 3%.
IMO it is going to get even more uphill from here.
Still willing to fight the good fight...
Just not so much on forums ELEVEN YEARS LATER with identical concerns... :(

Sadly
Nog

Nog do you not commercially fish for halibut.

I have a coworker who grew up working on troller. He told me how they would drag the bottom with a ball on each side and your could tell when you got a massice halibut on the lines how it just pull on the lines.

Sounds like a good old time

Nog do you not commercially fish for halibut.
I have a coworker who grew up working on troller. He told me how they would drag the bottom with a ball on each side and your could tell when you got a massice halibut on the lines how it just pull on the lines.
Sounds like a good old time

Off topic AGAIN????
so what's your point???

I am obviously not versed on why we are demonizing the commercial halibut fishery?

I am obviously not versed on why we are demonizing the commercial halibut fishery?

No one is demonizing the Commercial Halibut Fishery
What sports fishermen are looking for is a fair piece of the pie.
15% is not a fair share of the halibut quota!
If you follow all the posts you should realize that!!

Perhaps we can give them some of our chinook quota for their halibiut quota.

As nog has pointed out they have very little chinook quota.

Never enough fish

This is going to be a perpetual problem. AS long as the TAC is decreasing and the recreational sector is increasing. Their will never be a fair split.

That’s what we should all take looking back in time. That the only solution is more tac for recs

Last edited:
Back