Bragging Rights Photo Op

Lots of nice fish showing up in this post. Well done everyone.

Yep it was a white. Silver as any June caught Chinook. I would guess Harrison.

This one is scanned from an old 35ml shot taken in 1993. This was taken on July 26/93 and the impressive thing about this catch.....we left the lodge at 5am and started fishing in Tahsis Inlet by about 5.25. These were all caught by 7am. They went 35, 33, 32, 28, 27, 27, 18, 16, 10 & 7 pounds and we dropped 3 more. This was back when the daily limit was 4 each. I kept the two smallest for myself to take home at the end of my 2 week annual trip to Nootka.

Attachments

• img005.jpg
    img005.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 209
Ok ok ok. I'm bored. It's my birthday. I would like to show off again. This is my lovely lady with our biggest fish to date. I'll tell you that watching a 90lb lady net what seemed like a see monster was a little more than nerve racking. She got it in though and I couldn't be more proud. This girl wants nothing more than to make me happy and netting that fish was a HUGE priority to her. It weighed in at 27lb on a ****** old rusty scale and we caught it not 100' from the bell on a lazy late August night bite. We lost another one, same size, on that middle rod 30 seconds later. You can also see the reason why we lost it in the pic, the manuals we were too lazy to bring up. This fish really solidified her understanding that fishing is a team effort and she's been an amazing fishing partner ever since. To be honest I'd rather fish with just her than most of my buddies. Resized_Screenshot_20180201-233011.jpeg

Looks like you have quite the catch there
Ok ok ok. I'm bored. It's my birthday. I would like to show off again. This is my lovely lady with our biggest fish to date. I'll tell you that watching a 90lb lady net what seemed like a see monster was a little more than nerve racking. She got it in though and I couldn't be more proud. This girl wants nothing more than to make me happy and netting that fish was a HUGE priority to her. It weighed in at 27lb on a ****** old rusty scale and we caught it not 100' from the bell on a lazy late August night bite. We lost another one, same size, on that middle rod 30 seconds later. You can also see the reason why we lost it in the pic, the manuals we were too lazy to bring up. This fish really solidified her understanding that fishing is a team effort and she's been an amazing fishing partner ever since. To be honest I'd rather fish with just her than most of my buddies. View attachment 36566

This is a good positive thread... Not my best catch, but this was a memorable one and my best winter fish, about this time of year a few years ago off the prison at Pedder Bay. 16 1/4, sometimes it is all about context

Attachments

• Winter.jpg
    Winter.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 153
This is a good positive thread... Not my best catch, but this was a memorable one and my best winter fish, about this time of year a few years ago off the prison at Pedder Bay. 16 1/4, sometimes it is all about context
That’s a nice fresh fish! Perfect for the dinner table :)
Thanks for adding to the thread... Seeing all of these beauties get me excited for each time I go out on the water! Even if I’ve only been getting undersized fish the last handful of times out, I know I’ll get one this summer.

I have a couple of nice chinook salmon pics that I thought about posting, but hope this is allowed as I am switching gears and posting an overseas picture. In 2011 I was in Croatia with the family and on a whim took a "Big Game" fishing charter with my then almost 5 year old son. Had no idea what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. At the end of the day we bagged two 30 lb Albacore tuna (caught on one hook, as the other fish got its tail wrapped around the line!), a 120 lb Bluefin tuna and a 240lb Bluefin. Fishing method was just like you see on Wicked Tuna, but this was before the show came out. It was a spectacular day and I'll never forget the look on my sons face at the end of the day. Also, the Albacore grilled at a local restaurant on a charcoal grill was probably the best fish I have ever eaten.

Attachments

• Vodice, Croatia 2011 Resized.jpg
    Vodice, Croatia 2011 Resized.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 225
I have a couple of nice chinook salmon pics that I thought about posting, but hope this is allowed as I am switching gears and posting an overseas picture. In 2011 I was in Croatia with the family and on a whim took a "Big Game" fishing charter with my then almost 5 year old son. Had no idea what to expect but was very pleasantly surprised. At the end of the day we bagged two 30 lb Albacore tuna (caught on one hook, as the other fish got its tail wrapped around the line!), a 120 lb Bluefin tuna and a 240lb Bluefin. Fishing method was just like you see on Wicked Tuna, but this was before the show came out. It was a spectacular day and I'll never forget the look on my sons face at the end of the day. Also, the Albacore grilled at a local restaurant on a charcoal grill was probably the best fish I have ever eaten.
Posts like that are allowed all right! Those are monsters :)
Also, very cool story about two 30 pounders in one hook! What a surprise that must’ve been! Sounds like it was the excursion you will never forget!

you can post those Chinook pics anytime too!

Last edited:
Back