• Daily and total possession limits

• Season length

• Time and area closures

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.

wildmanyeah

Crew Member
LET SFAB know your thoughts below!

For 2018, the SFAB is considering various management options they may recommend to DFO. These options include considering changes to:
• Minimum and Maximum size limits
• Individual annual limits
• Season length • Time and area closures

*This poll was not officially sanctioned by the SFAB but merely taken from page 5 of this report:

https://iphc.int/uploads/pdf/am/2018am/iphc-2018-am094-ar10.pdf

Last edited:
Most of these are already in place. I think maybe like a 1/1 no size, 50lb / 12lb, etc type poll is better? From old math those are almost only two options available. Although maybe 60/12 but with new math that may not.

My vote would be 1/1. 12lb is hard to find and release more than I would looking for 12lber than for one 30lber

I think everyone voting is smart enough to assuming the options are about restricting it further. I thought about doing what you said but it turned into to many options. Just Vote for what you would like to see reviews or restricted more.

Or if its not listed note it below like you have done.

Let’s start with exactly how much our allocation is.
No one seems to have the answer?

Most of these are already in place. I think maybe like a 1/1 no size, 50lb / 12lb, etc type poll is better? From old math those are almost only two options available. Although maybe 60/12 but with new math that may not.

My vote would be 1/1. 12lb is hard to find and release more than I would looking for 12lber than for one 30lber

Agree with you. It just feels like a waste to bonk a 10lb Halibut.

Let’s start with exactly how much our allocation is.
No one seems to have the answer?

While DFO staff have not provided us with an official TAC number yet, it is some where around 928, 677 lbs as a conservative estimate. The actual number is likely to be higher than this, but not by much.

While DFO staff have not provided us with an official TAC number yet, it is some where around 928, 677 lbs as a conservative estimate. The actual number is likely to be higher than this, but not by much.

I seem to have read that there is still a disagreement and this still needs to be resolved?

Sorry gents if my question was answered in a different post. What is the schedule for DFO to come out with 2018 info?

I seem to have read that there is still a disagreement and this still needs to be resolved?

I believe the disagreement was between Canada & our southern neighbor... only agreement made was that reductions are needed. Each area will reduce as the see fit.. (at least that's what I understand)

Sounds like by catch from the Alaska troll fleet is not to be talked about.

I’m with Scott. Where’s the reduce the commercial TAC option?

I did not include the TAC option because that is well know that every recreational angler wants more TAC. This poll focus on what was mention in the report.

LET SFAB know your thoughts below!

For 2018, the SFAB is considering various management options they may recommend to DFO. These options include considering changes to:
• Minimum and Maximum size limits
• Individual annual limits
• Season length • Time and area closures
OK, so this poll is being sanctioned by SFAB and will be part of their management process?

How about a check box to get rid of the "experimental" :rolleyes: halibut quota purchase scheme? That should be brought up.

Oh the optimism of youth!!! ( Well maybe you are not THAT young -- but you have a lot less wear and tear than me!!) :confused:

Back