reel repair suggestions mid island

chevyshaulass

wasn't sure where to post this but can someone recommend a good reel repair person somewhere between Duncan and qualicum. I have 4 Calcutta 200b's and a couple penn 2 speed halibut reels that are due for a good servicing.

Needed set screwes for a hardy ,and mike came up with them.He also did welding of the fairled screw .all good have as many longstones runnining with mikes help.just not sure if it's the same mike?

There is a guy on Shawnigan Mill Bay rd close to the village who helped me out with parts for my Penn reel. I can dig out his information if you like

To add to Chevy’s request. Does anyone know of a hardy reel expert in South Island? I would like to convert my right handed retrieve hardy super to left handed retrieve.

I did talked to Mike, he is very knowledgeable but not with that particular task and he is up island, so might be a good resource for you, Chevy?

Sorry Chevy if I was hijacking your post.

There is a guy on Shawnigan Mill Bay rd close to the village who helped me out with parts for my Penn reel. I can dig out his information if you like

This guy is listed on Penn's website as a repair depot. He also had lots of other reels and parts around the shop. I forget his name, but you could give him a call if you are near by .
Success Tackle
1555 Shawnigan Mill Bay Road
Shawnigan Lake, BC V0R 2W0
(250) 743-3782

Last edited:
Not sure about Penn but they may offer the same thing as Shimano. If you mail your Shimano reel to Shimano they will fix and ship back to you, sometimes you only have to pay for shipping or sometimes might be a few parts you have to pick up the tab on but it's always been very inexpensive and I have had several done. They have been very quick about repairing and getting the reel back to me. Ask the outfit where you bought the reel they should be able to help I would think.

Not sure about Penn but they may offer the same thing as Shimano. If you mail your Shimano reel to Shimano they will fix and ship back to you, sometimes you only have to pay for shipping or sometimes might be a few parts you have to pick up the tab on but it's always been very inexpensive and I have had several done. They have been very quick about repairing and getting the reel back to me. Ask the outfit where you bought the reel they should be able to help I would think.
I dont think Penn has this offer. I have used Shimano's warranty service for a G Loomis rod with a broken reel seat. cost me the shipping to get a new rod. They also offer a no fault $75 rod exchange. Not that this has anything to do with reels, but it made me happy.

Back