Horrible Horgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might actually be true, now that I think about it.
Ok let's face it. The political landscape in this country is in a dire shape. Corporations and political parties spend too much time in the bed together. No matter which color, right or left or whatever crap they sell to general public, they are all trying to implement policies and laws that protect the big corporations all at the cost of making the average tax payer poorer. It's always easier to govern a poor society where majority of workforce is desperately trying to make ends meet. Foreign money is just a populist jargon. North american corporations and multi nationals have more interest in tapping to our resources and navigating through our federal and provincial laws than a handful of fugitives who bring their criminal money to a resort town like Vancouver. Until people see the real issue and ask for a deep overhaul of our laws and judiciary system, no political party is going to fix the main issues.

Last edited:
Well, technically, to make BC an affordable place, all you'd really have to do is reduce its desirability by a massive amount.

I know it's a big ask, but given enough time, I feel the NDP could be up to the challenge.
No question! Just put the incompetent people in key roles and ship the good paying jobs to other provinces and that will just do it.

Just like the American Persidential election, we in BC were given two terrible options to vote for again this time around. Incompetence or selfish B*tche$.

Can’t there be one politician to vote for who isn’t a piece of $h*t?!

I married a teacher and felt the wrath of C.K., So I couldn’t in my right mind vote for her. She won anyways, then stepped down. What a gong show!

Site C... ok
Chinese purchase of Site C contractor... ok
Foreign buy out of BC real estate ...ok
Fish farms... ok
Asian tankers... ok
BC hydro execs and gov't pals still pigging out...ok
...lots more.

Can you clarify what was not going on before he came to power I am unsure of your argument.
I believe the federal government has the last say on whether Aecon is bought out by the Chinese (if that is the company in question)
Site C toss up if it was a good idea or not.
Why other tankers and not Asians are you in the industry and know they are bad or worse than other transportation companies.
Fish farms suck but it's not something your going to shutdown overnight.
BC hydro has always been a trough for the pigs to make big money.
Foreign real estate buying ongoing for along time, but it goes on in many countries all over the world, like us Canadians buying in Mexico or Brits buying in Spain. Would be nice if they could somehow limit the criminal money laundering aspect of it though!
Anyway just something to think about and I don't really care what party is in power so that is not my argument.
Don't forget about Christy's $400 million leaky umbrella, the 1 Billion cost overrun on the Convention Centre, the billion overrun on the ice bomb bridge, the debt free LNG wet dream, the billion dollar communication system that doesn't work, the massive deficit at ICBC and BC HYdro among others might be part of the reason that crew is gone.

I went through high school with John at Reynolds in Victoria. In the past few years He was always supportive of recreational fishing issues and attended all the meetings the sector put on. He was a popular guy back in the day and apart of the in crowd. He played on the school teams and had no problems with the ladies! lol. He is a good guy...i didn't vote for him though but I don't have a problem with him getting in. He will be judged by wht he does or does not acomplish at the end of his term. No matter who gets in like em or not they have 4 years to shine or fail. I say take a pill as 4 years go by in a flash and you can vote again based on his performnce or lack of it.

The reality of running Government. The collision on philosophy and reality has set in for him. Words are easy to spout out. It’ll all get solved in the next election when NDP get dumped. Hopefully they don’t f#ck up too many things in the meantime. Oh for the day of the Socreds.

If you believe that I have a great deal on some land for sale. Views best at low tide :p
Toll bridges are free now. Isn’t that enough?? ;)
BCL built those damn bridges and put a hefty toll on ‘em. NDP made them free for us. Communities in the valley should show their gratitude in the next election.
But .... hold on. Price of crude is going up everyday. our carbon tax, gas prices, $10/day daycare, Uber, Site C. Where did all the good jobs go to then??

Last edited:
Hopefully Horgan is a better leader then previously NDPers they've had in charge . I remember the license plate signs on vehicles last time they were in power (NDP NFG). Would be nice to have another choice of a decent party to vote for.

Don't forget about Christy's $400 million leaky umbrella, the 1 Billion cost overrun on the Convention Centre, the billion overrun on the ice bomb bridge, the debt free LNG wet dream, the billion dollar communication system that doesn't work, the massive deficit at ICBC and BC HYdro among others might be part of the reason that crew is gone.

Yep and I think they had their own ferry fiasco too. Biggest bust is site C though. Over 4 billion spent and a minimum of ten billion to go. And that’s if they stay on the time frame they are now which is unlikely as they’ve already been shown to be over budget and behind schedule. This is a way way way bigger fiasco than any fast ferry. We’re gonna be paying for this for generations.

Yep and I think they had their own ferry fiasco too. Biggest bust is site C though. Over 4 billion spent and a minimum of ten billion to go. And that’s if they stay on the time frame they are now which is unlikely as they’ve already been shown to be over budget and behind schedule. This is a way way way bigger fiasco than any fast ferry. We’re gonna be paying for this for generations.

Wasn’t that one of NDP’s top election promises to kill that ‘bust’? What happened then??

NDP claims they we are too far into it now, so it must be completed.

Right right.... I totally forgot that it wasn’t the case last spring during the election campaign.

It’s easybto criticize, very difficult to govern. I think our little friend Andrew and his big buddy Johny are slowly learning this.

Wasn’t that one of NDP’s top election promises to kill that ‘bust’? What happened then??

Yep. Which is why I’m gonna have to change my vote yet again. Won’t be green though. Weavers shown that he has no backbone when push comes to shove. Any “green” credibility he had is gone when he didn’t stand up to Horgan over site c. And it won’t be NDP as theres already too many broken promises and Still 3.5 year to go. Doesn’t leave much of a pool to choose from but that’s what it’s come down to.

Horrible's reply to not following the recent New Zealand announcement banning foreign buyout of their Kiwi real estate was.... "not doing that" because he was also an "immigrant". Is he just "thick" as in clueless...dumb..... a head jarred jock perhaps? Or is he owned like CC disgrace. Asian industrial economies driven by billions of people have produced millions of wealthy (now) safe haven seekers after trashing their ecologies in the process. These are not the same times as your "immigrant" times, Horrible. There was affordable real estate to buy back then because demand was reflective of being within a nation of 25 million. "On guard for thee" John??? Anyone on this site booked a hunting or fishing trip to China? Nope, it is just not that kind of country. Unfettered sellout continues cause Horrible says so. Nothing off the table...farmlands to cities BC as we know it vanishing into foreign ownership. What kind of province will BC become, Canada for that matter? This is not "free market inference", this is colonization of us. What will be the affect on our governance with the heavy presence of foreign wealth of our land base... hunting access restrictions part of it? FN's know very well the land is worth more than money. Try buying some.... we gotta be the same.

Last edited:
... Horgan thinks he has the power but It’s actually Weaver that could call the shots if he just manned up.

Never going to happen:

Weaver can bluster, threaten and pout, but he needs the NDP in order to get the Proportional Representation Bill passed prior to the next election.

And that right there is exactly why.
PR is the ONLY way Weaver & his party will ever see anything more than a seat or two at the trough.
He smells that, and is holding firm as a consequence.

Crispy and her crew HAD to be given a loud message. IMO, they were.
Perhaps a little too loud, but that is what it is.

Now it is up to us to remind the liberals just why they sit where they do.
On a frequent basis.
And hold them accountable after we boot this nauseous coalition out on their overly stuffed asses like they should be.

Cheers,
Nog

The February budget announcement will show the priorities of the coalition government. Most economic variables aren’t in favor of pursuing the NDP’s populistic ideas. Rising oil prices, interest rates, NAFTA situation and soft lumber negotiations to name a few. Would be interesting to see if the Greens get a budget boost for environment and habitat protection programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back