Somebody's day on the water ended abruptly...

I think the problem here is not being able to see where his boat was going or probably more correctly, not caring. His comment about it not being a big deal, nobody was really hurt anyways, says it all. Hopefully his boat driving career is over.

Oly

I enter the Fraser on plane all the time, and there are often people at the mouth who are slow-moving or stationary. It's never a problem.

I just don't drive into them.

Thankfully, nobody, in their right mind, anchors at the mouth of the Fraser. At least slow moving you have the option to power up hopefully avoiding a mindless fool like this. On anchor you have no time to react. If you watch the video closely, they have a hand full of seconds max to dive into the water. Amazing no one was killed or perhaps worse severely injured.

I heard of a member on this site who runs to the gulf islands on autopilot. He ties his gear on the back deck while he’s cruising. Can’t recall his name but man, he should pay attention to this.

Poor guy holding the camera doing the filming?? Must have had a Gopro or something mounted on the dash facing back i would guess??

Since nobody was seriously hurt... It is another example of life imitating art. Anyone who has seen "Caddyshack" will know what I'm talking about.

:(o_O:eek::confused::oops::mad:
Like driving full speed into a fogbank.

Keep a flair gun handy ... Just thinking , one to the helm might get some attention from the idot at control. In my opinion really no excuse but again I wasn't there but geeees

Back