Vancouver Boat Show Free Seminars

Bright Eyes

Just want to let guys/girls know there are some great free seminars that are available at the Boat Show this year on Saltwater fishing.

Bill Von Brendel - Fishing with Swimbaits for Bottom Fish
Bill Haymond-Choosing and Outfitting your boat for salmon fishing and others
Tom Davis-Salmon trolling the easy way
David Korsch-Local Saltwater fishing and keeping a log book
Mike Kelly-Tuna 101
Mike Mitchell-Sport Fishing and general talk about the BC Outdoor Sport Fishing Show

Have a look at the link below for dates and times.

http://www.vancouverboatshow.ca/education/seminar-speakers/

HMMM. tough one depends on what you want to chase...some pretty qualified anglers there....
Billie knows his bottom critters...
Tom Davis. Inventor the R.D teaser heads may have rolled one or 2 anchovies over the years...
Dave Korsch as been a local legend forever
Mike Kelly has been a long time tuna and salmon guide since off shore tuna fishing started.... hmmm he can I do all :)
I will drop bye for most of these guys on sat. worth the time to see what they have to say ...

Last edited:
Tom Davis is knowledgeable with bait...him and his dad supplied the coast with bait for decades. Tom did a lot of fishing around Sidney with tiny strip but in recent years has spent most of his time around Sooke fishing anchovies and herring. It was very cool to go to their shop when it was located in Sidney by the family home and watch the very long term lady employees cut strip. Unbelievably fast and precise and all cut and packaged by hand. Rhys was always wanting to impress you with his sharp knives...would run the blade up your arm and shave all the hair off smooth.

Tom is Rhys’ son? That’s worth a handshake! I live in Sidney now, that would’ve been cool to see the bait shop.
Enjoy the show to all who can make it!

went along yesterday and seen Bill Von Brendel - Fishing with Swimbaits for Bottom Fish..

good talk ...and at the end of the talk gave away for free rock fish decenders...
so props to him and HC and lighthouse lures

even end up buying a couple of the big swim baits in glow and white ...
to give it a go later this year ....

Back