Thousands of 10-pound Atlantic salmon, catch as many as you want!

so something good is done about fish farms, just like you demand. all you can do is shift the topic from sealice to disease...... and complain about the cost? you have no problem spending millions of dollars to move them to land but ***** when a couple million is spent solving a problem. to be honest you hate fish farms no matter what, you will take every opportunity to complain at just about anything, a true activist. if you where actually here to save wild salmon stocks you would have answered completely different.
shame

No shame here bones.
I asked a few questions on my last post. You didn't answer one of them. It's hard to dispute the truth. Instead you chose to attack the messenger instead by calling me " a true activist that complains at just about anything" and by stating what I said or did I should be ashamed. I wasn't expecting much more from you. That's OK. I just like to call things out that I believe can and should be done better. You called my bloodwater pipe comment a deflection when that's pretty much been your and others chosen method of trying to deal with the fishfarm issue as of late. That's all you guys have left. Hey, it's not fishfarms, it's climate change... hey, it's not fishfarms it's overfishing, hey, it's not fishfarms, it's seals. And then you expect us to look away at the many problems of the open net pen farms. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. We see the problems the FF's are causing also and they are significant. Very significant. The science tells us this. And they (the FF industry) only want to keep expanding. Fine, but it needs to be done on land. And with all the hardships salmon are going through the last thing we need to be doing is expanding more open net pens in our waters and increasing the amount of invasive diseased and virus laden fish along our salmon migration routes. The science is closing in on the disease factories. The world is taking notice. Why is that so hard to accept?

Last edited:
By the way, we as taxpayers shouldn't have to pay them to move them on land. They have more than enough cash to do that themselves. Look at their financial records. I don't doubt our generous government will be doling out our hard earned, easy to come by taxpayers dollars to do it somehow though. Those manilla envelopes are just too hard to resist when you're on the receiving end of one I would guess. Sure looks that way anyhow.

No shame here bones.
I asked a few questions on my last post. You didn't answer one of them. It's hard to dispute the truth. Instead you chose to attack the messenger instead by calling me " a true activist that complains at just about anything" and by stating what I said or did I should be ashamed. I wasn't expecting much more from you. That's OK. I just like to call things out that I believe can and should be done better. You called my bloodwater pipe comment a deflection when that's pretty much been your and others chosen method of trying to deal with the fishfarm issue as of late. That's all you guys have left. Hey, it's not fishfarms, it's climate change... hey, it's not fishfarms it's overfishing, hey, it's not fishfarms, it's seals. And then you expect us to look away at the many problems of the open net pen farms. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. We see the problems the FF's are causing also and they are significant. Very significant. The science tells us this. And they (the FF industry) only want to keep expanding. Fine, but it needs to be done on land. And with all the hardships salmon are going through the last thing we need to be doing is expanding more open net pens in our waters and increasing the amount of invasive diseased and virus laden fish along our salmon migration routes. The science is closing in on the disease factories. The world is taking notice. Why is that so hard to accept?

The only reason the world is noticing is because of the media attention. Not everyone believes in it, especially me who has spent my life in local waters. I know of an issue creating far greater restriction of salmon abundances and it is more to do with atmospheric and water chemistry than fish farms. There has been ongoing ecological collapse in freshwater food webs here but because it is not solicited nobody knows about it! It may all come out someday.
No offence intended.

None taken. Lots of things working against our wild fish. Some of them easier to try to stop or help rectify or turn back than others. And I believe, an effort should be made on all fronts. Not just one or two...

By the way, we as taxpayers shouldn't have to pay them to move them on land. They have more than enough cash to do that themselves. Look at their financial records. I don't doubt our generous government will be doling out our hard earned, easy to come by taxpayers dollars to do it somehow though. Those manilla envelopes are just too hard to resist when you're on the receiving end of one I would guess. Sure looks that way anyhow.
Won't cost a thing if lease is not renewed.

None taken. Lots of things working against our wild fish. Some of them easier to try to stop or help rectify or turn back than others. And I believe, an effort should be made on all fronts. Not just one or two...
AND THEY DID, your bitching about cost, realize your in a comer , so you shift the conversion to disease.... Classic activist move....can answer anything positive... Look disease (squirrel).

AND THEY DID, your bitching about cost, realize your in a comer , so you shift the conversion to disease.... Classic activist move....can answer anything positive... Look disease (squirrel).
what's a comer?:D;)

Storm damage to fish farm pens alarms Shelburne County fisherman
Ecology Action Centre says debris from the fish farms can harm other marine animals and local fisheries
By Anjuli Patil, CBC News Posted: Jan 07, 2018
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/debris-from-fish-farm-concerns-lobster-fisherman-1.4476332

Same argument from denman/hornby baynes sound residents regarding "imported non native" oysters and clams that are farmed up and down the coast and their garbage that ends up on the beaches in and around the sound and other places on the coast..

Should we stop all aquaculture?

Back