Yamaha T9.9 rust trim pump

rapid

Hey folks,
I have a Yamaha T9.9 in perfect condition (always rinsed and maintained etc) but the power trim pump housing seems to be rusting out. Anybody know where to buy just the housing not the whole pump? Thanks in advance.

Rapid

Best source I have found for new Yamaha parts is SIM Yamaha (Shipyard Island Marine). I buy online. Good service.

Interesting because my 2008 8 hp Yamaha High Thrust has same problem. Must be a systemic design flaw.

Yeah, mine did the same. The pump seems to cost in the realm of 800 I couldn't find any housing replacements or parts specific to the electric motor. I just removed, masked and tossed it in the blast booth to remove rust. Repaint and reinstall seems to be the easy fix if the corrosion hasn't gone to far.

Hi gents thanks for the info. Fixit, if you had that pump or housing it would be much appreciated. I was surprised when I knocked the rust off it how bad it had gotten. I'm seaching now before there is a failure and I end up dumping $800 bones in a rush. That's a lot of Lucky and Jagermeister..........

My Yammie 9.9 ht did the same thing and after attempting to repair the housing the magnets inside the housing broke free (metal was really thin from the rust) leaving me with no choice buy to buy a new tilt motor unit. I found the housing for sale on line but was really expensive so bit the bullet. So I have a used working trim motor with no housing as a back up .

I might have a good motor housing for you

Lemme check
Any chance you might have a top cowling for a 2005 ish 6, 8, or 9.9? I have a 2005 T8 but the cowlings from all three motors will fit

nope just a trim assembly send me a pict of your motor cover as they differ for some years

86F24926-14D4-4024-976E-519408443A7E.jpeg Sorry should have specified the electric motor cover. One on left is a spare. Hopefully same as yours?

oops sorry for the derail

Hi gents, nice shot of the dipping bird derby cameras usually scare me but that's funny!

Fixit I'll be back home and seeing my boat later today thanks a ton for looking into this. From your photos I think we're looking at the same part.

I would never post some of the pics...u know what they saw " what happens in Bamfield never happened " :)

Back