Amundson TMX5-GR with Amundson Savvy Sumo SSM106MH mooching rod

Gold reel Brand New used once, now has 30lb mono backer with brand new 65lb braid and a 30lb mono top shot. This is my standard set up on my MR 3's great for deep trolling as the braid has way less blow back. Want to sell as combo only. $450.00
I live in Seattle but willing to ship.
206-295-9103

Attachments

• IMG_5640.JPG
    IMG_5640.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_5641.JPG
    IMG_5641.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 325
I'm confused with your line description.
You have 3 types of line?

Back loaded with mono to fill space and prevent the reel from being over compressed.

Braided line is the main fishing line.

The mono top shot is essentially a leader, it allows for some stretch ang give but more importantly allows the downrigger clip to hold the line, it won't with braid.

use 100-150 yds of braided flyline backing then 300yds or so of 60lb super braid -mainline then a top shot of 2-3 rod lengths of mono to hold in the clip
if you have 100m or 100yds that fishing basically mono all the way and one big elastic band due to the stretch of the mono ....

walk off 100'-150' and get you buddy to hold the rod and strike while you hold the end without a hook of course see how much pressure he put's down the line when you think you setting a hook good ????????

Back loaded with mono to fill space and prevent the reel from being over compressed.

Braided line is the main fishing line.

The mono top shot is essentially a leader, it allows for some stretch ang give but more importantly allows the downrigger clip to hold the line, it won't with braid.

Exactly; The stop shot is is only 30 feet or so as you said it holds the clip better and gives a bit of stretching allowance when fighting the fish. I like the braid for deep water trolling as the narrow diameter causes less blow back and I feel helps with line creep.

Fishing deep braid gives you less blowback plus when a 6" herring bites your spoon you see it mono doesn't another thing don't use fly line backing it's not as good as 10 year old braid for backing

haha
whoops......your right king blazer thanks for the heads up... It's been more than a while since I had looked at my add, I just saw the $450.00 thought it was a good price drop:)
I'd still take the $375.00 hell $350.00 I won it at the Sydney derby last year then loaded it with new line. I'm more of an Islander guy. Love my MR 3's but I thought I'd try this one out this summer. It's a nice combo but I do like the feel of the islander more.
anyone interested? I'm thinking its a fair price and it be nice to see it get used.
Cheers

Reckless, I sent you a PM.

I tried picking them up but you never replied back?

Back