Please Read: 2 Minute Survey for Orca Recovery

Whole in the Water

If you want to keep our Chinook fisheries open this summer and onwards please complete this survey.

Environmental groups are surveying people (mostly their supporters) to find out how people feel about closing down Chinook fisheries along the entire coast to provide more Chinook for endangered orcas.

These groups are pressuring the Fed Govt. hard to shut this fishery down! They may succeed if the rec fishing sector does not provide their input for a more balanced decision. Closing Chinook fishing is mostly only a optics measure and not a long term solution, as all the Chinook caught by the rec sector on the whole coast would only feed the orcas for 2-3 weeks at current populations and harvesting rates. We need to have a holistic solution that includes ways to increase the abundance of Chinook, not just fighting over a decreasing number of these fish.

Please consider completing this survey.

http://georgiastrait.org/2-minute-survey-for-orca-recovery-oat/

2 Minute Survey for Orca Recovery

georgiastrait.org

Coastal communities can play an integral role in guiding government decisions to turn the tides on the critical situation the southern resident killer whales are facing. We would like to learn more about the priorities you support in salmon recovery for the southern resident killer whales.

lol.. hahaha no **** hey..perhaps it shows how much they really care.....$$$$$
Or how much they know what they are talking about. Who would choose that photo???!!!

yup..that too :p Everyone should fill this out so there is some common sense in this issue

Was already sent to me by Tigerprawn and I filled it out with lots of comments.

Done, note the Greens are all over this and where are the sports fishing groups?

did this a few days ago with lots of comments...fwiw, careful on the 'should sport fisher be closed' bit - just putting no says we are closed minded and not interested in helping the cause. Putting 'need more information' and then stating it would be considered if many other issues also dealt with at same time I think is better approach. Essentially I said as a sport fisher, I would certainly go accept that option, but only if several other factors are dealt with at same time...ie, gov allowance of herring/krill fishery, seal culls, remove fish farms, complete shutdown even as far as First Nations go etc etc (ie, sacrifice now for future generations). Emphasize shut us down, do nothing else, nothing will change since we are a very small part of the problem. At least that is the angle I went with.

Back