Amundson Trend X5 Mooching Reel review?

Fixit

looking at buying 4 of these to replace some daiwa m1plus mooching reels. cant find any reviews on them.

anybody run them? hows the drag? (i dislike how touchy islander drags are) any creep?

what about the soft handles? i prefer paddles to the small nubs islanders have

thanks

I ran 2 last year and have found them to be excellent. No issues whatsoever. Smooth return, good feel to the paddles and zero line creep.

How is the drag adjustment? I find the islanders go from way too much drag to a bird nest with a 1/4 back turn (maybe a neglect of maintenance issue?). I'm hoping for a more gradual adjustment with the trend x5's???!?

How is the drag adjustment? I find the islanders go from way too much drag to a bird nest with a 1/4 back turn (maybe a neglect of maintenance issue?). I'm hoping for a more gradual adjustment with the trend x5's???!?
Drag is very gradual. Had a fair number of newbies on board. The reels performed great with them while adjusting on DR's and playing fish.

looking at buying 4 of these to replace some daiwa m1plus mooching reels. cant find any reviews on them.

anybody run them? hows the drag? (i dislike how touchy islander drags are) any creep?

what about the soft handles? i prefer paddles to the small nubs islanders have

thanks

HC has the black ones on for $249 this weekend for Black Friday and cyber Monday.

Attachments

• 59FFE9FE-749D-49F9-B4F1-89A64CC18999.png
    59FFE9FE-749D-49F9-B4F1-89A64CC18999.png
    511.2 KB · Views: 64
did i mention that ive got 30$ 15lb cannon balls for sale?
HC has a ton of good deals, this might get expensive!

Got my 2 today from Chandler. For a total of 4 in the boat now

Back