2017 Port Hardy Reports

Nice to see those small kids on that huge boat without life jackets
opened up your face book page - cool that you have all those fishing photos with people not wearing life jackets! Nice.

483624_408164439255919_845983987_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Chads-Coastwide-Sports-Fishing-253116051427426/

The only opinion that matters when it comes to those kids is the law, Fishdoc and his wife....everyone else can bugger off.
Glad to see kids having fun outdoors and not in front of a video game

Hey, thanks guys. Glad some of you enjoy the videos. There will always be some haters. That's life... yet it goes on. Have a great winter season everyone!

PS... that one pic from facebook kind of looks like the kid may have a life jacket on under the hoody. I guess things aren't always as they appear.

I
Hey, thanks guys. Glad some of you enjoy the videos. There will always be some haters. That's life... yet it goes on. Have a great winter season everyone!

PS... that one pic from facebook kind of looks like the kid may have a life jacket on under the hoody. I guess things aren't always as they appear.
kinda thought he might have one underneath also... He was pretty bulked up... hehe.

I

kinda thought he might have one underneath also... He was pretty bulked up... hehe.
Don't see one so we can imagine if we want. I am sure the young boy was perfectly safe and I am sure Fish Doc's kids were perfectly safe. His video is great as well. Just get tired of the old lets find a problem with a post - lets just enjoy the fish talk and the rest can be laid down! Cheers

This guy was called-out for "kid's w.o PDF's" last year. His reply was " If I die out there, kid's are better off dying with me". Some people have an answer for everything i guess.

Perfectly Legal in Canada. Washington laws are irrelevant in Canada.
Yes - of course I understand WA laws are irrelevant in Canada just as Canadian laws are irrelevant in WA state. I was simply commenting that it would be illegal to have children under 12 on an open boat of <19' in length without PFD's being worn. Here's a link to the drowning reports for BC - http://www.lifesaving.bc.ca/sites/default/files/98DrowningReport2016_BC_Web.pdf

The majority of people who drown while boating/fishing were not wearing PFD's at the time. The most frequent cause is falling overboard (which can happen even in calm water). I myself have slipped on a wet deck on occasion or have reached a little too far to net a fish etc. I've never wound up in the water, but I realize it could happen at any time. Once in our coastal waters, the temps can be pretty cold even on a bright, calm, summer day. In 10C water, you only have about 10-15 mins of useful mobility and after that you need someone else to haul you in. Those who do fall in and get rescued rarely say - "I thought this might happen". E.g. it was an accident which by default is usually a surprise. Several boaters wound up in the water in the Columbia river this summer when their boat was run over by another boat. They expected him to turn and when he didn't, they bailed out. A similar thing happened in the same section of the river in 2016. The point is you never know when you might wind up in the water by accident and PFD's only work when you have them on. So nothing was done that's illegal, but the logic for not wearing a PFD at all times in a boat is suspect at best, especially on children.

AAARRRGH - I keep looking at this thread thinking I'm going to see an actual F**KING FISHING REPORT!!!!

I really think most of us here understand the value of wearing life jackets. Could the next person who seems to think we need yet another reminder PLEASE start a new Water Safety Thread and leave the Port Hardy fishing report Thread to Port Hardy fishing reports???? Puhleeze!!

2018 and a new set of fishing report threads can't come soon enough...

My kid has life jacket on at all times in the boat. Things happen fast, why take the risk with something so valuable and so simple.
Whatever. It isn't fun having to defend yourself though. Better purge your pictures or better yet, lets just get back to talking about fishing! Next time, a simple PM is all you need if you feel it is your place.

I was planning a trip to hardy last year and cancelled it. I am again looking to do one In July this year. Any fish left In hardy all the reports I hear stink

Back