Boat value

alumaman

Winter is here and since I used my boat 6-7 times in the past two years I'm thinking of selling the boat and I'm looking for advice on the value of it:

2006 18 1/2 Weldcaft DV186
2015 Suzuki DF 140 under 50 hours
2005 15hp Merc 4 stroke kicker
Marine Radio
Hummingbird fish finder
Anchor 150' Rope no chain
(2) Scottie 1106 Downriggers bought last year
Dual batteries w/ Perko switch
Suspension seats (spring loaded)
30" Jump seats w/storage
EZ loader single axle trailer
Stand up canvas
Tops out at 40mph and averages 50 miles on12 Gallons
image (4).jpeg

Attachments

• image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    440.2 KB · Views: 341
  • image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    401.1 KB · Views: 331
Yes, were planning on moving back to the Island and I'll be looking for an overnighter, hardtop glass boat.

Well, you can get a similar sized Hewes with hardtop, pod, 150 Yammy for $46k....
You have a great rig there sans the H-bird.

Where is that?
Might be U.S. $ or used if you could find one. I might hang on to mine and investigate putting a 1/2 hardtop on it. I don't think I could find another in as good shape and I did dial it in the way I wanted.....

Nope, it has Vinyl side windows and zip up panels that end at the jump seats. No travel cover either. I tow it on short trips with the top up but if I was traveling any distance I would drop the tops.

Might be U.S. $ or used if you could find one. I might hang on to mine and investigate putting a 1/2 hardtop on it. I don't think I could find another in as good shape and I did dial it in the way I wanted.....
Here's the 1/2 open hardtop I'm thinking about.

Attachments

• 6916.jpg
    6916.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 156
Thanks for all the feedback, I just sold the boat for 32k. Our house sold and were moving back to our place in Courtenay March 1st and the new (used) boat hunt will start again!

Well, the buyer hasn't picked up the boat yet so I'm tempted to hang on to her. The biggest factor in selling it before we move down is nowhere to store it since were moving into a condo.

You c
Well, the buyer hasn't picked up the boat yet so I'm tempted to hang on to her. The biggest factor in selling it before we move down is nowhere to store it since were moving into a condo.
You can store it in my driveway... just gas it up and leave the keys in it!!!

Alumaman, did you end up keeping or selling the boat? If you sell it and get a fibreglass boat, are you going to change your profile name to fibraman?

Thats funny, I was actually thinking the same thing. I sold the boat and haven't looked at a new one yet so I'll hold off on the name change. Fiberman, no beer on board but all the bran flakes and metamucil you want.

Back