2017/2018 Upgrades

michael_reiber

What does everyone have planned for upgrades this winter, if any, as some of you know we have been building the 20ft double eagle and have been posting in another thread, so that will be our ongoing winter project! How about everyone else?

Finally installing raw water wash down, a real stereo and new main power!

New to me boat,206 DE,that has radar w/chart overlay and I love the TR1 autopilot.I'll be adding a third downrigger mount and gear/cleaning table in front of the engine well.

1)Probably going to redo the flooring as the anti-slip coating is coming off in certain spots, and one of plywood pieces doesn't align with the piece next to it. That's probably going to open up a huge can of worms for me.
2) Build new boxes for underneath my seats to raise the seats 2-3", make it a little more comfortable and extra storage.
3) Hopefully get a new canvas top made up that is higher than the last one.
4) New glass for the windshield to replace the oxidized lexan.
5) Clean the carbs on the 115HP and the 9.9

Auto pilot, ACR 75 spot light, new electric winch for trailer, new EPIRB (battery done on old one), rearm all Mustang PFD’s.

1) Auto pilot tied to my simrad.
2) Twin zuks tied to my simrad.
3) get my fridge working on 12volt

Sea Star (designed in Van) will be releasing an A/P at the Miami boat show. Talked to the head engineer in Van about their steer-by-wire system for inboards & he mentioned this.

The steer-by-wire is an outside chance for me. You can get an option to hold the boat in place; might be good for Hali fishing versus an anchor. Need twin engines; each is steered independently by it's own servo motor.

Top priority is replacing my 25 y/o engines with common rail EPA tier 3 diesels. Troll all day on less than a gallon of fuel.

Retired now & might have a bit of spare money. Pretty big bucks by PNW Salmon fishing standards but compared to the boats the SoCal & Florida guys run chump change.

Started out fishing Race Point from shore, upgraded to a borrowed 12ft tin 7.5hp roper out of Kelsey Bay & CR , 14 ft livingston outta Ucluelet & CR, 24 ft Sea ray outta Ucluelet/Tofino, now a 33ft Chris Craft; wanna pass this boat down to the Grandkid's.

New motor and some more rod holders, new C02 in the Mustang lifejackets. Thinking of a new Mercury 200 main - a first since we have always had Yamahas. Got most of the renos done xain 2017 with new canvas, Kiwigrip floor, new windshield wiper, new 12" Simrad plotter and radar, raw water washdown, new VHF and a custom aluminum seat box.

Back