Please watch w5 on saturday

I think it may be a show about salmon. I think this is called salmon confidential, and I think was killed on van island this September .....

Pretty disapointing. They could have gotten a Scuba Diver with a camera to show the feces(*****) that was under the Farm instead of just commenting on it. The Farm manager claims the Ocean has an incredible ability to deal with all the crap but interestingly sites no science. I thought with W=5's budget abilities they could have poked a little deeper under the covers.

What is is nexted buying out all charter boats and shut down fishing

What's next is they want to increase the salmon farms or enlarge them and increase the amount of fish the farms can hold.... they won't be happy till all those pesky wild salmon are gone. Then they can sell more farmed salmon without the competition of the wilds...

What is is nexted buying out all charter boats and shut down fishing

Tons and tons of jobs to be had with wild salmon. So many tons of jobs that in this past century tons of salmon were dumped because the processing plants now rotted or rotting up and down this coast could not handle the vastness of supply mass produced by mother nature. Jobs up and down the coast for docks, boat repairs, fishermen in small boats by the 100's .....vibrant communities. We can have this all back ... just need the will. Rivers that have been restored to a semblance of their natural fish habit producing condition have been shown to be able once again to produce wild abundance. Fish farms..... greed lots for the wealth of the corporate few ... and f*** the rest of us.

Problem is the influence of corporations on policies and political parties has substantially increased over the last two decades.
Ocean resources and wild fish like the other natural resources of this land, are the low hanging fruits for corporations. Laws and policies are now being catered by "elected members" to make the rich richer and like what you said above.... "f...k the rest of us".
We as the community of sport anglers have an uphill battle on our hands if we want our children still enjoy the sport.

Back