Brown's Bay

I fished all day Sunday in very windy conditions. Tried to fish sep head during the ebb but no go. Fished Plumper till the tide change. Caught one chum on a googly eye. Fished the flood at sep head/deep water and no takers. Left at three with the one chum.

Hoping its just a late run like a lot seemed to be this year, but if its not happening by Thanksgiving weekend then in my past experience we are likely not in for a good year. Too bad as well given that fishing conditions have been mostly sunny lately which should help the bite. Hopefully there is a good slug of fish in the upper straits and they move down soon!

There are probably others with a lot more experience passing through than me as I have only gone on good weather days.

Best to go around slack. Better running with the current than against. I imagine it can get ugly with a NW wind and a big ebb tide.

Your boat will also dictate your level of comfort.

Most people hug tight to Race Point then head north and hug the light house on Maud Island. Basically the shortest line through.

Lots of water moving through but nothing crazy in the right boat and reasonable conditions.

There are probably others with a lot more experience passing through than me as I have only gone on good weather days.

Best to go around slack. Better running with the current than against. I imagine it can get ugly with a NW wind and a big ebb tide.

Your boat will also dictate your level of comfort.

Most people hug tight to Race Point then head north and hug the light house on Maud Island. Basically the shortest line through.

Lots of water moving through but nothing crazy in the right boat and reasonable conditions.
Thanks again !! 27' northwest aluminum is the ride

Fished deepwater bay today 1:00-3:30. Slowwwwww........no fish finning saw no nets out. Maybe morning was better?

Fish plumper today from 10 to noon didn’t see anything caught. Moved up to Deepwater Bay saw one fish caught and a large school on the surface as well as a couple jumpers. Trolled up the wall Towards loggers were we saw one boat land up a doubleheader Around 2. Trolled back down to wards separation passing a couple of smaller schools on the surface no takers . Pulled our lines at 3 PM.
Our luck can only get better....

Back