Brisket

Looks good.
Drooling as I look at it, making me crave some brisket.

I spray my brisket with 50/50 mix of apple juice and Jack Daniel's. A couple of sprays for the brisket and a few for the chef. :D Gotta have some fun while cooking.

I foil wrap and let it rest it too.

Sotally Tober that sounds like a good mix ,apple and JD spray i'll have to try that on the next one and add some jd to the bbq sauce , the wrapping it sure keeps it moist in the end .

made a quick bbq sauce also

*brown sugar
*soya sauce
*lots of ketchup
*garlic powder
*lots of pepper for flavour and heat
*apple cider vinegar

low heat for a few hours

Oh man you guys are the best. Who knew I could talk about this stuff here too!!?

I've got mine rubbed and in the fridge right now. I make mine into Pastrami/Montreal Smoked Meat. I buy all my meat from Beefway too FS. I grew up down the street. I'll be smoking it tomorrow in my Primo XL. I'll post some pics and a recipe if anyones interested :)

Oh man you guys are the best. Who knew I could talk about this stuff here too!!?

I've got mine rubbed and in the fridge right now. I make mine into Pastrami/Montreal Smoked Meat. I buy all my meat from Beefway too FS. I grew up down the street. I'll be smoking it tomorrow in my Primo XL. I'll post some pics and a recipe if anyones interested :)
I know eh fish ,meat , the battles this forum is awesome lots of good guys, info and talks ..

Montreal smoked please post up i love that stuff , i like trying new recipes .. my wife shops at banana grove for deli you probably know that place down the block
when you were growing up.

Montreal smoked please post up i love that stuff , i like trying new recipes .. my wife shops at banana grove for deli you probably know that place down the block
when you were growing up.

Will do. And yes of course I know Bannana Grove, another East Van staple :)

@Rain City waiting for the recipe dying to try it out ..

Sorry I was up in PG chasing moose around :mad:

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/close_to_katzs_home_made_pastrami.html

So here's the recipe I use. You'll read that the first step is brining the brisket like corned beef. I've done this at home but have also had it pre-done from Beefway. Both are fine but if you get it from the butcher make sure you change out the water when desalinating at least twice, otherwise it'll turn out too salty. For the rub I double the recipe for a whole brisket (10-12 pounds). I've tripled it amd found it was a little on the heavy side. The last thing I've learned is that the recipe calls for smoking up to 150 then steaming the rest of the way, I like to bring it up to 190. I've sort of learned that the steaming process can take forever, I've found the higher you take it in the smoking process the quicker it comes to temp when steaming. And last make sure you steam all the way to 203. Cut it thick, steam some light rye bread and ENJOY! I make this every year for Super Bowl.

@Rain City Thank you! wow almost like Katz must be really good ,down in NY 2 years ago and ate there pretty impressive deli , i will be definitely be trying in out.

That sucks no moose ,i was just up in PG this weekend ,my wife was counting moose antlers mounted on top of hunters rigs coming back from hunting one
with a full head she got up to 9 .

I just did one on Sunday too, followed the Traeger recipe, took roughly 9 hours, wrapped it at 160 IT, and pulled it at 205, had beautiful smoke ring and incredibly flavorful and moist

got mine in the smoker this morning..... following franklins rub and spray..... debating what IT to pull it off lol

got mine in the smoker this morning..... following franklins rub and spray..... debating what IT to pull it off lol
Just give it the poke test. If your thermometer doesn't slide in like butter then wait! The temp when that happens can vary from 195-205. Do NOT pull it early

Back