2017 Powell River Reports

I fished coho pt this morning first thing and did pretty good. Ended up with a 23, 15 and a couple hatchery coho . I also released probably 4 springs that were right around the legal mark maybe just under. Uv army truck hoochie outfished everything else I tried. The bigger spring I caught was the fattest fish for its length I've ever seen. It was shaped like a football and had a skeleton of something in its guts that was 12 inches long. Good times, fishing is great right now.

I fished this am for a few hours . Started at the sandbanks because the wind was brutal and picked up a smaller legal spring and a couple undersize. I decided to slide over to coho and battle the wind and I picked up another spring over there. I think it was around 12lbs. That was it for me. Pretty tough trolling solo with it blowing so hard. Both fish were caught on a no bananas .

Finally got out to coho point last night. The wind wasn't too bad when we first got there but ended up getting quite lumpy. we hooked three and landed two. All three were caught on plugs about 160 on the riggers

I fished coho last night from 630 till 9 and ended up with 2 springs. One was around 15 and the the other was around 10lbs. Also missed a couple big slams . Got both on plugs down at 160 as well. It was probably the busiest I have ever seen coho point.

Fished coho tonight from 5 to 8 . Picked up 7 springs. 6 of them were around 15 and the other was a bit smaller. All on 6 inch plugs . Found a ball of bait right off the point in 235 feet of water and just hung out there. 160 and 140 on the riggers. Pretty busy solo mission I'm worn out .

Fished Grants Reef from 10 to 2 yesterday picked up a pink and a keeper coho. Green spatter back hoochie 200 feet down.

Great night out with friends off Coho Point. Bait every where about 20 boats saw a few fish netted but we had no luck we tried deep and shallow. Tried it all. Good times had by all. Try again soon!

Coho Pt was going off tonight. We had a 14 and a 16 on a 602, and a 20 on a white hoochie. All fish were very deep 250' range. Lots of other boats with nets out as well.

I fished grants this am from 615 till 930 or so. Picked up 3 springs. One was undersize and released and the other 2 were in the 12 to 15 range . Got them both on a 602 , 170 feet on the rigger.

Coho Point last night and this morning. Two last night and four this morning. Nothing big 8-15lbs. Plugs for me too. 602 & 500 were the most productive. 150-200 ft

Fished Grants reef on Friday afternoon as well as Saturday afternoon. Both days we tubbed out with 6 springs all caught on various plugs. Friday we saw a fair bit of bait, Saturday didn't see any.

Made it out last night for a few hours with my 3yr old hit up backside of Harwood to get out of the waves managed one keeper on a 5in plug 228 160ft on the rigger. 3 undersize a few bait balls but nothing crazy. IT turned into a nice night.

fished grants last night didn't find any feed but managed to scrape up one keeper about 12 pounds and released 4 undersized. all on plugs.

Back