Fish farm releases thousands of Atlantic salmon east of Victoria

This is ridiculous. It's the eclipse's fault! That reads like a Donald Trump tweet. I wonder how viable these fish will be. Can they even catch food to survive? All they have ever eaten is their pellet feed.

Fancy Feast teaser head I've heard is the cat's meow.

and tides? Really? I know Trump is a thing but do they think Americans can swallow that much BS?

Is this the biggest realese of Alanatic Salmon on the west coast?

7000 adult fish seems like a large introduction into the environment.

Holy crap! 305k is a lot more than I thought. That would be the whole pen..... How stupid can you be to grow an invasive species in your back yard?? Its the same in Alberta.. Some farmers needed to raise wild bores & promised they would never get out.....

Hopefully they are dumb & slow so the orcas & seals can have a hay day....

Holy crap! 305k is a lot more than I thought. That would be the whole pen..... How stupid can you be to grow an invasive species in your back yard?? Its the same in Alberta.. Some farmers needed to raise wild bores & promised they would never get out.....

Hopefully they are dumb & slow so the orcas & seals can have a hay day....

Here is the article form Seattle Times saying 305K fish.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...sherman-being-told-catch-as-many-as-you-want/

I read 305,000 as well.
Will there likely be an opportunity to catch these buggers?
I'm in Victoria.
Civic duty to get these out of the water as soon as possible :)

Boys in WA state say a Brad's Cut Plug stuffed with fish pellets does the trick and I bet Prawn bait would work too.

Speaking of which I wouldn't eat a farmed Atlantic but if you step on it before putting it down for Halis it should do the trick.

Brads-Cut-Plugs-2.jpg

The answer to the inevitable question. -- its easy, - lots of large spots on the body, no spots on tail and most distinctive of all, large black spots on the gill plate.

I caught one guiding out of CR 27 years ago.......no frigging clue what it was but it was big, so it was successfully hunting. Eventually got a hold of DFO to ID it.

I also remember back in those days DFO used to shock areas of streams that were showing atlantics in them......none of this is good news, just heard on the radio that its open season on them here also. Not a chance any of that crap will be table fare in any form in my house, except possibly as dogbreath said part of the hali food chain or perhaps crabs.

pretty gross is what it is:mad:

Back