2017 Tofino Reports

I was out Tuesday and Wednesday with Fishtofino. Lots of chinook bites Tuesday till 2 then died down, could have limited on 4 guys but fish weren't cooperating. Released a number of wild coho, shakers, lost a few pinks too.

Wednesday we were mostly bottom fishing and got our limits of Ling and cod with a few real nice yellow eye (cooking one up later) spent a few hours for salmon after but sounded like it was slow all day on the radio. We released a few wild ho's, a shaker fishing in the pack then stopped at one spot on the way in and hit a real feisty teener and had one other chinook bite that didn't stick. Great trip as always to Tofino with Ospray/Shawn.
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great couple of days with Shawn!

I was out Tuesday and Wednesday with Fishtofino. Lots of chinook bites Tuesday till 2 then died down, could have limited on 4 guys but fish weren't cooperating. Released a number of wild coho, shakers, lost a few pinks too.

Wednesday we were mostly bottom fishing and got our limits of Ling and cod with a few real nice yellow eye (cooking one up later) spent a few hours for salmon after but sounded like it was slow all day on the radio. We released a few wild ho's, a shaker fishing in the pack then stopped at one spot on the way in and hit a real feisty teener and had one other chinook bite that didn't stick. Great trip as always to Tofino with Ospray/Shawn.

They bit like crazy this morning. Limited out 4 persons in 3.5 hrs

Foggy

That was the last week or so.
Shall I continue?

I'm booked for every day until past Labour day with repeat clients and don't need any business from this forum

ok ok
I surrender
will let you know when those fish finally arrive down our way
Just though it was a strange post from Blue re hook ups and slow Spring fishing the next day

Ahh, fogust on the West Coast.

Might be fitting to add this old saying with the tension swirling around, lol!!

" Shut up and Fish "

Attachments

• IMG_1151.JPG
    IMG_1151.JPG
    402.1 KB · Views: 82
This year has been weird, for me, out of Tofino. Some days hard to scratch up a couple, other days double headers (even triples) of good springs. Maybe 2 days back to back in the same place, but not a lot of consistency for larger fish. Halibut is an off year for me so far after a spectacular year last year. Even coho have been here one day gone the next.
There've been more pinks this year than years past, or at least I've caught more than in years past. The weather has been spectacular and not too windy most of the time.

Been fishing out of Tofino for the last 3 days. First two days water conditions were fantastic, the fishing was a bit tougher for me. Went 3 for 4 each day. Biggest was a 16 lb spring. Today it was blowing and nasty. Fought my way offshore and managed to hook 22 and land 15. Biggest was was 25 lb caught by my son and we had a 20 as well. A big thank you to FishTofino aka Shawn, who was kind enough to help steer me in the right direction to get some fish! White hoochie and small herring aid at 107 to 135 feet was working best.

Attachments

• 20170813_121820.jpg
    20170813_121820.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 20170813_111641.jpg
    20170813_111641.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Been fishing out of Tofino for the last 3 days. First two days water conditions were fantastic, the fishing was a bit tougher for me. Went 3 for 4 each day. Biggest was a 16 lb spring. Today it was blowing and nasty. Fought my way offshore and managed to hook 22 and land 15. Biggest was was 25 lb caught by my son and we had a 20 as well. A big thank you to FishTofino aka Shawn, who was kind enough to help steer me in the right direction to get some fish! White hoochie and small herring aid at 107 to 135 feet was working best.
Nice work bud. Yeah those Robertson fish are coming in hard! We were 15/24 on Saturday

Lotsa nice springs around yesterday and today. Pretty much any depth. Highest hit at 20, deepest at 129. Halibut still hard to come by (for me)

Lotsa nice springs around yesterday and today. Pretty much any depth. Highest hit at 20, deepest at 129. Halibut still hard to come by (for me)
Yo pal. Let a few thru. I'm waiting for them down here in sooke. Only got 1 spring so far. Lots a pinks

Should be some Coho down there, sure not too many offshore here.

Springs still smallish. Biggest over last 2 days 20# twins yesterday. Today spent 1.5 hours NOT catching Halibut, then 6 springs in just over an hour. Almost always only one rod down while busy on the other side. 1 DH yesterday, 2 today.

Today was even hotter, for me, for Springs. After 8am had moved to 'naked chovies', and ended with a double header at 9:30.

Still can't find a Halibut though... 0 for 2017

Back