2017 Tofino Reports

Got a few, but not fast fishing. Biggest was over 20, but I didn't weigh it. Could have been a contender at the derby maybe. Best part was finally getting the mileage on my boat figured out. Tofino to beyond Hot springs and back was 66nm. Filled up with 57 liters. Thanks and nice meeting you FT.

Did well last few days, lots of small springs and a surprisingly high rate of clipped coho around.
Nothing over 20, several in the teens, but a lot in the 7-12 lb range. Almost all the springs were clipped too. Picked up an 8 lb Pink as well...

Spent last week in Tofino. Weather was amazing and offshore was like a lake. Fished over by hot springs and had to really work for our fish. Did really good on yellow eye and lings but Hali were hard to find. Did eventually find a couple. Salmon fishing was slow but did get a few each day. Overall fishing was disappointing and actually pulled the plug and towed the boat to Nootka.
Fished there this week and it was really good. Limited of springs for 4 guys all over 20 but none over 30.

Heading out camping in Clayquot on the weekend. Any Coho around the inside waters of the sound this year or is all the action offshore? Trying to decide whether to pack the fly rod!

I'm new to fishing the tofino area and didn't have much luck my first day out today with guests. Anyone have some advice on decent areas to try ? Was at Portland point today and thinking of trying wilf rocks tomorrow?

I'm new to fishing the tofino area and didn't have much luck my first day out today with guests. Anyone have some advice on decent areas to try ? Was at Portland point today and thinking of trying wilf rocks tomorrow?
You needed to go a little farther out

Thanks for the reply. I got out as far as 3 humps but that's about all the crew on my boat could deal with.

Fished Weds/Thurs, it was slower for sure.

Will be back at it Sunday, if you're still around I can show you on my plotter where I've been catching fish.

Super stoked and so are the flat landers!! The wind forecast looks reasonable (fingers crossed). Hope we can find a few whiteys too.

Just on the ferry to Nanaimo. Will be fishing out of Tofino on Friday morning. Any recent reports are appreciated? Feel free to pm me if you prefer. Thanks!

Just on the ferry to Nanaimo. Will be fishing out of Tofino on Friday morning. Any recent reports are appreciated? Feel free to pm me if you prefer. Thanks!

I was out Tuesday and Wednesday with Fishtofino. Lots of chinook bites Tuesday till 2 then died down, could have limited on 4 guys but fish weren't cooperating. Released a number of wild coho, shakers, lost a few pinks too.

Wednesday we were mostly bottom fishing and got our limits of Ling and cod with a few real nice yellow eye (cooking one up later) spent a few hours for salmon after but sounded like it was slow all day on the radio. We released a few wild ho's, a shaker fishing in the pack then stopped at one spot on the way in and hit a real feisty teener and had one other chinook bite that didn't stick. Great trip as always to Tofino with Ospray/Shawn.

Back