Port McNeill/ Telegragh cove

Has anyone tried black bluff? We are heading up next weekend so I was just trying to get a sense of where to head the first day. Thanks for all the updates!!

A few fish have been coming in from Black Bluff - but a few fish have been coming in from most of the popular areas - Donegal, Flower, Lizard etc. Yesterday was a pretty good day as the rain may have moved some fish into the area. Hits seem to be coming at first light and around the current turn. Anchovies on 7' leaders are doing well.

Are there quite a few pinks around yet? Last year at the beginning of August was tough fishing and we didn't even catch a single pink, which was odd compared to previous years.

Limited out on Coho today, still looking for a spring! Never had a problem finding one here till now, even last year I did better than this?

Limited out on Coho today, still looking for a spring! Never had a problem finding one here till now, even last year I did better than this?
That's crazy, I just left there on Saturday. We fished Wed , Thursday and Friday and didn't get a single coho. Every fish was a spring.

We had the same coho limits and no Springs yesterday. That's a nice looking Striper you have Tidal Shot.

We had the same coho limits and no Springs yesterday. That's a nice looking Striper you have Tidal Shot.
Thanks!

She's working nicely, got most of the bugs out, a few more tweaks and it will be a slayer!

We ended up with one spring last night on the back end of high tide at flower! Always pull one out there if I'm desperate! Lol!

Today more Coho, broke off a dandy on a double header while my first mate was in the cuddy sleeping! She woke up to a bunch of swearing, but was mostly my fault for not loosing the drag enough before putting it in the rod holder to grab the other rod.

Thanks!

She's working nicely, got most of the bugs out, a few more tweaks and it will be a slayer!

We ended up with one spring last night on the back end of high tide at flower! Always pull one out there if I'm desperate! Lol!

Today more Coho, broke off a dandy on a double header while my first mate was in the cuddy sleeping! She woke up to a bunch of swearing, but was mostly my fault for not loosing the drag enough before putting it in the rod holder to grab the other rod.

Thought I saw you on the back side of Malcolm this morning. Called you on 16 as Tidal Shot, but no answer. I've got a white striper with an AK hard top - Finntastic. We had a long day today, but managed to pick up a spring and a coho within about 5 minutes of each other off Donegal around 4:00 pm - about 15 minutes before we were going to call it a day.

That was us, we are on Ch5, be bobbing around there again in the morning.
Thought I saw you on the back side of Malcolm this morning. Called you on 16 as Tidal Shot, but no answer. I've got a white striper with an AK hard top - Finntastic. We had a long day today, but managed to pick up a spring and a coho within about 5 minutes of each other off Donegal around 4:00 pm - about 15 minutes before we were going to call it a day.

Any updates? We'll be up there Sunday evening for a week. Fishing out of a Campion explorer 602. What channel is everyone on?

Any updates? We'll be up there Sunday evening for a week. Fishing out of a Campion explorer 602. What channel is everyone on?
Fishing has been OK - Not great, not bad. Good tides/currents for Halibut for the next few days. I usually sit on Ch 16 until called.

I have been here for most of July...fishing has been average with a few springs every day. We got some very big coho a few weeks ago but they are much smaller the last few days. Pinks have arrived and are real thick on the back side of Malcolm along Black bluff and Malcolm point. The Springs we have caught have been a little deeper than most years for us. 90-120 feet at all the usual spots . Lots of sockeye jumping along the shore from Blinkhorn to Zuni rock , put a red hootchie down today and had instant hits. lots of fun, catch and release. Cracroft on the flood has been VERY good. We managed 4 springs and a coho yesterday, also lost a couple springs, one beauty at the boat. Luna Rosa on channel 16

We did ok at Flower this morning. 2 Spring and nice Coho. Action was pretty good released 2 or 3 undersized. Hardly any boats first thing but they did show up a bit later. How did everyone else do? Where were you fishing? Anybody target Hali today? Tried backside of Cormorant this aft but a little too much chop. On 16 tomorrow. Explorer 602

Tons of pinks around - hard to keep them off. Got a nice coho and a good sized pink back side of Malcolm early this morning. Picked up a 93cm Hali in Mitchell before the wind kicked up this afternoon. Great currents for Hali tomorrow if the wind stays down. No more wild coho starting tomorrow.

Did some boat clean/maintenance and trailer clean up today (wife coming up on Thursday) so didn't go out, but the cleaning station was as busy as I've seen t in awhile. Several good size Hali's (over 100 kms) as well as quite a few high teen low 20 springs - and of course lots of pinks. Mitchell Bay and Stubbs were the popular spots for the Hali (good current day for Stubbs) and Donegal all the way to Black Bluff for Springs. 75+ ft.

Well, Fogust has arrived. Socked in for most of the day yesterday and can't see the end of the dock this morning. Not much action at the cleaning table yesterday afternoon, and only a few hardy souls going out this morning. May be another good day to settle in with a good book. Fishing should be fun and IMHO fishing in the fog isn't fun!

Decent yesterday, fished4 hours in the fog. Caught a 27 and 15. Heard of one boat with 4 Springs wouldn't have believed it but I watched him vacuum pack them :)

Guy came in today with a 44 lb Spring. I've never seen a fish that big!!! Made my 22 lb'r look like a minnow. Said he got in on the "other side" where ever the hell that is.

Back