Vancouver Chinook Classic - Aug 19-20, 2017

tincan

Anyone else signed up for the 2017 Vancouver Chinook Classic? Should be another fun event with some serious cash prizes! They have a new covered deck at the hotel as well that looks pretty sweet and I think they're hosting most of the event there. Good catch and release derby and supports @Pacific Salmon Foundation so good cause.

2017-Vancouver-Chinook-Classic--Registration-1.jpg

Sure would like to partake in this derby, I like the format, and love that it raises great funds for terrific reasons, but it's totally unaffordable for most the average fishers pockets. Dag nabbit. Good luck to those that can afford it.

It's not one of the cheaper ones that's for sure but it's still good value for what you get out of it and obviously the prize money and other prizes make it well worth it for those who win. ;)

Another great derby that is quite a lot cheaper to enter is the north van firemans derby on Friday, Sept. 22. Also a great time so look into that one. They have a facebook page.

In it again this year, hoping to redeem ourselves if our last minuet heartbreaker on the final day last year. A great event .

this derby is coming up soon! can't wait. fingers crossed for decent weather out there as we'll be fishing on a 20' boat. Good luck to all... I trust vancouver fishing reports will start to get even more sparse as the derby day nears.

Back