Campbell River

I'll be up there at the end of July. Interested to hear any updates on timing. I will be staying on McIvor Lake, any ideas on how to fish that, Campbell Lake or Fry Lake would be appreciated as well.

I'll be up there at the end of July. Interested to hear any updates on timing. I will be staying on McIvor Lake, any ideas on how to fish that, Campbell Lake or Fry Lake would be appreciated as well.

I know others do but I haven't had much luck in Mcivor or Lower Campbell, I usually skip past and go to Buttle. If your mobile it's a 30-40 minute drive, launch at the paved ramp past park HQ on the way to Myra falls, cross the lake and go south to wolf River. It's delta and drop off into the lake is pretty much always productive and it's very scenic. If the water is still high (looking like it will be) you can get right up to the waterfalls on wolf.

The pinks alway there at that time ,well planned.mcivor /lower cambell try wall at big bay ,ledge at lovland,north west side of gosling cr ,narrows,gravel bank to fry(watch for tree tops),entrance to cambell riv ,island off long pt,ledge off south side off nerrows,miller bay ,mciver has some fish aswell. croc or a 231 tp pick your size to fill your dream.good fishin.fc

Lots of info there. Thanks for that! I will have to research the spots on the Lake you mentioned as I have only tinkered around the the Forbes Landing area.

Just looking at a map of the area. Dick Murphy Park at the end of Spit road...easy to slide a small kayak in there and work the estuary instead of fishing in the river proper?

Just looking at a map of the area. Dick Murphy Park at the end of Spit road...easy to slide a small kayak in there and work the estuary instead of fishing in the river proper?

Absolutely easy to launch there but most of the Pink fishing is done further up-river and I don't see a lot of people fishing them down in the estuary although they must pass through there.

I'll take a look at the river later today and report back if I see any.

Take care.

Awesome, I appreciate that.

I understand that it would make sense to fish at the narrow end of the 'funnel'. But I do love being in the kayak opposed to potentially fishing along others as the river can get busy.

And I can troll two rods if I get on a school and paddle along with them.

Awesome, I appreciate that.

I understand that it would make sense to fish at the narrow end of the 'funnel'. But I do love being in the kayak opposed to potentially fishing along others as the river can get busy.

And I can troll two rods if I get on a school and paddle along with them.

Took a good look today from the logging bridge and saw nothing. It's possible but unlikely there are some up above.

Also, just thought about your comment re: trolling two rods, and am wondering if that would be legal as you're not in a lake, where it is legal, but rather in a river and under freshwater regulations.

I'd check to be sure were I you.

Good luck.

Take care.

Appreciated. I'm not familiar with the area but would ensure that I was in tidal waters prior to wetting lines.

Edit, looks like Maple Road. I was thinking of fishing well out in the estuary from the Yak.

Thanks again for the note.

Appreciated. I'm not familiar with the area but would ensure that I was in tidal waters prior to wetting lines.

Edit, looks like Maple Road. I was thinking of fishing well out in the estuary from the Yak.

Thanks again for the note.

You have to be outside a line drawn from the end of the Tyee Spit across towards Dolphins Resort (I think) in order to be in tidal water and not in the estuary.

All water inside that is under Freshwater Regs even though it physically is tidal.

Be careful is all, and launching from the playground on the Spit would be better than at the foot of Maple St, so bear that in mind too.

If fishing inside then just use one rod and you're good to go.

Have fun.

Take care.

Yesterday my pals wife saw some Pinks finning in the river around the Freshwater Marina area.

Today we checked the Sandy Pool and saw nothing.

Good tides coming along for fish to show on so it's got to be soon.

Take care.

Thanks again for the updates, I will be there Thursday, but won't likely be able to take peak until Friday. Any last reports before I report back?

I'm starting to think my pals wife made a mistake when she said she saw some Pinks a few days back.

I haven't seen any.

Patience. LOL

Take care.

We saw a few fisherman walking back to their rigs after the lake this afternoon. None had fish,either they were all C&R or there's none yet!

Spoke to one of the operators from the rafting company to-day. She said they were seeing a few pinks and there was a large school on the weekend. Sandy pool.

I'm just home from the Sandy Pool and there are a few Pinks in for sure.

Four guys fishing with the fly guy getting the action with his much more horizontal presentation than that made by the two float fishing guys and one spin-caster.

Looked above and saw a few more anglers but didn't tarry long.

Can only get better and it's also good news for the Tyee Pool crowd as the first big push of Pinks often signals the imminent arrival of our quarry.

Soon, amigos, soon.

Take care.

Back