2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Nice Trophy!! He's obviously been approached before based on the lighting quick response.

Hey buddy this isn't a rare opportunity, this boat is out there all the time doing this. Theres multiple posts about it on this thread. I have video and multiple pictures and just because I didn't call the hotline to get a message machine doesn't mean justice won't be served. My post was to shame the boat in question not to get in an online squabble regarding the efficiency of the DFO.
this the boat?

Attachments

• IMG_0718.PNG
    IMG_0718.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 302
Nice Trophy!! He's obviously been approached before based on the lighting quick response.

Hey buddy this isn't a rare opportunity, this boat is out there all the time doing this. Theres multiple posts about it on this thread. I have video and multiple pictures and just because I didn't call the hotline to get a message machine doesn't mean I won't take action. My post was to shame the boat in question not to get in an online squabble regarding the efficiency of the DFO.

Either way thank you for sharing the picture Kapt.K - if this brings them one step closer to getting caught all the better. Ridiculous people have the audacity to completely disregard the laws protecting our great fishery on here on the West Coast.

To bad we couldn't find out where they dock and jump in the water with a brace and bit and make a few strategic holes in the bottom of that nice boat and save some fish from being illegally harvested.
I'd just call the hotline, report the incident and move on. Criminal lawyers r too expensive if u get what I mean.

Last edited:
Cowan point at 3PM. 15 of them all jigging for Ling Cod. They pulled up 3 in 10 mins. I went up beside them to ask them WTF they were doing and the captain told me to F*#k off. Where is the DFO?

Hey buddy this isn't a rare opportunity, this boat is out there all the time doing this. Theres multiple posts about it on this thread. I have video and multiple pictures and just because I didn't call the hotline to get a message machine doesn't mean I won't take action. My post was to shame the boat in question not to get in an online squabble regarding the efficiency of the DFO.
Call Observe, Record, Report Line at 1-800-465-4336. PM me if you don't get a response and I'll put you in touch with Herb Redekopp who is the area chief for Conservation and Protection for Lower Fraser Area of DFO. He has personally said he wants to know about violations that don't get an adequate response.

Last edited:
I know that boat. I have seen that boat in False Creek all the time.

The individuals on that boat, I would hazard a guess with a high degree of probability of accuracy, do not have fishing licenses.

was out at hole in the wall with alot of other boats, nothing and no nets. one of chovy's boats was here as well

Out at Cowan first light - noon. Got
Our first before second rod was down, was an under but a football. Second one, 15lb red spring on the next pass. Pinks and unders for rest of the day

Out at sandheads around the turn of the tide @ 60 ft
Nice keeper
Anchovie and green flasher

Last edited:
Been tracking HS all this week. Live in this area. From shore and boat. Haven't seen them at any of my favorite spots. Some days the water has been rough so not easy to spot. Will do a post when I finally see them.
Well ran the shorelines and all the normal spots in HS looking for those pinks. Nada on the fish finder and nothing rising. And now I see they have announced a 1 fish limit for Squamish. This was supposed to be the year. Anyone out there heard the projections for this year? Any one even caught one here in the Sound? Just doesn't seem right

Well ran the shorelines and all the normal spots in HS looking for those pinks. Nada on the fish finder and nothing rising. And now I see they have announced a 1 fish limit for Squamish. This was supposed to be the year. Anyone out there heard the projections for this year? Any one even caught one here in the Sound? Just doesn't seem right
We had several high water events when the last cycle of pinks spawned in the Squamish. Outstream migration counts were about 25% of what they were in for the 2013 and 2011 cycle. Don't expect this year to be a very good year for pinks. A planned commercial seine fishery has been cancelled because of low returns.

We had several high water events when the last cycle of pinks spawned in the Squamish. Outstream migration counts were about 25% of what they were in for the 2013 and 2011 cycle. Don't expect this year to be a very good year for pinks. A planned commercial seine fishery has been cancelled because of low returns.
Thanks for the input. Looking back I do recall it being harder to find them. That is unfortunate as I have see HS improve vastly over the years. The amount of bait showing and it has been a banner year for Chinook. Nice to see how healthier it has become.

Fished Saturday first light Westvan no hits didn't stay long .. 2 nice hits between QA and bell , tore the butt off the bait ,most of the bait balls were on bottom
water sure was warm . hits were at 100'

Edit : Watch out for commercial crabbers little string of mini floats very hard
to see in the sun and tight to the water around bell and Qa .

Last edited:
Fished Saturday first light Westvan no hits didn't stay long .. 2 nice hits between QA and bell , tore the butt off the bait ,most of the bait balls were on bottom
water sure was warm . hits were at 100'

Edit : Watch out for commercial crabbers little string of mini floats very hard
to see in the sun and tight to the water around bell and Qa .

It is also hard to see the clear 4 gal. Juice jugs used at hole in the wall

Hoping to get out with the kids tomorrow.....any reports or suggestions. I am thinking either West Van or South Bowen?

Im headed to Cowen for the early shift. Fished WV on Sunday afternoon and caught nothing but an old crab trap.

Back